Democrat Fund Raising Letter Accuses Republicans of a 'Revolting Anti-Choice Agenda'
Women’s Health Rapid Response Fund accused Republicans of embracing a “revolting anti-choice agenda” for supporting pro-life candidates and organizations.
The media and fundraising apparatus of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, is making the most of the 41st anniversary of “Roe v Wade.” They are imploring supporters for donations to “show Boehner that there are consequences for Republicans unrelenting war against women.”
Moreover, the fundraising letter cites that Republicans are trying to bring a bill to the house floor that could force rape survivors to face “abortion audits.”
Many Republicans, Independents and tea party supporters believe that Democrats and the left conflate women’s rights with abortion. For example, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) wished Roe v. Wade a happy 41st “birthday” today because of her “commitment to protecting women’s rights.”
Pro life advocates believe that abortion does not advance the rights of women and in fact does just the opposite. The following repercussions to abortion have been cited by the Elliot Institute a nonprofit organization that studies the effects abortion has on women:
1. 31% of women having abortions report suffering physical health complications
2. 10% of women having abortions suffer immediate, potentially life-threatening complications
3. Women have a 65% higher risk of clinical depression following abortion vs. childbirth
4. 65% of women suffer symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after abortion
5. Women’s death rates from various causes after abortion are 3.5 times higher than after giving birth
6. Many women describe their experience as ‘a nightmare’, which can hardly be equated with ‘choice’. 60% of women surveyed after abortion responded that: ’Part of me died’
7. Suicide rates among women who have abortions are six times higher than those who give birth
8. Abortion increases a woman’s risk of future miscarriages by 60%