Box Office Predictions: 'Hunger Games' Set to Shatter Records
Last week Sensei extended his call streak to three straight weeks. The much anticipated "Hunger Games" arrives this weekend with ripple effects poised to reverberate through Hollywood.
This weekend's prediction and revenue results go as follows:
1. The Hunger Games ($133 Million) - This film has become a phenomenon just in pre-release buzz. With such high fan support and strong critical reviews, look for the largest opening ever in the month of March (currently "Alice In Wonderland" holds the record with $116 Million).
2. 21 Jump Street ($19 Million) - With such a force as "The Hunger Games" opening, film will be happy just to get what it can. Channing Tatum should see more a "The Vow"-like drop (44 percent) as opposed to his "G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra," (59 percent).
3. The Lorax ($11 Million) - Film will be trampled by "The Hunger Games" which all but steals those crucial young teen demographics. Film's hope will have to be with younger family audiences, but that may have already played itself out.
4. John Carter ($7 Million) - Domestic numbers have been very "Prince Of Persia"-like so far. Film's international numbers have been strong which may provide a little good news for this much maligned project.
5. Act Of Valor ($3 Million) - Film has shown very healthy drops so far, and this weekend will leap over "Project X" to again place in the top five. Film is a true success story, the domestic box office could desperately use more successes like these.
A history making weekend? Or do you see it as otherwise?