One of the most surprising developments in "The Avengers," based on early reviews and reactions, is that the Incredible Hulk is finally awesome on the big screen. In fact, it has been said on more than one occasion that the Hulk steals the entire show.
2. HILLARY CLINTON WRITES JASON SEGEL A CO-STAR REJECTION LETTER
"I was delighted to read about your interest in sharing the big screen with me. As you can imagine, I am a little occupied at the moment, but perhaps someday I can help you forget Sarah Marshall ... again. My only condition is that there be Muppets involved, and that is non-negotiable. In the meantime, you have my best wishes for continued success with your career."
3. SIX DISTURBING UNANSWERED QUESTIONS FROM CHILDREN'S MOVIES
Remember how we mentioned that Blu was the last male blue macaw? Yeah, nature simply does not like that. Even if there's more than one female, every new macaw from then on will still be a descendant of the same guy, which will be devastating for their genes. Inbreeding causes serious health problems in the population and has caused species to go extinct in the past -- some types of felines, for example, essentially bred themselves into dead ends. In other words, all that boning was for nothing.
4. UNIVERSAL PICTURES 100 YEARS, 100 FUN FACTS
According to reports, during some of the Russian roulette scenes in the movie "The Deer Hunter," a live round was put into the gun to heighten the actors’ tension per Robert De Niro’s suggestion. It was checked, however, to make sure the bullet was not in the chamber before the trigger was pulled.
5. MORE ADVANCED REVIEWS OF ANDREW KLAVAN'S 'CRAZY DANGEROUS'
My new adventure novel Crazy Dangerous, officially published next week but already available at the link, is making the rounds among book bloggers and continues to garner nice reviews. This site, Wall-to-Wall Books is giving away a prize book and has this to say:
“This book was crazy good! One word comes to mind when describing this book – AMAZING! This story starts out amazing on the first page. It was so intense I was hooked right from the beginning. It takes you on a rollercoster ride that never stops till the end of the book.”
6. ON 'GAME OF THRONES,' IT'S THE WOMEN WHO RULE *spoilers*
He obviously wasn’t paying attention to the other characters -- and needs to remember that "heroine" is also a word. In the George R. R. Martin "A Song of Ice and Fire" series upon which "Game of Thrones" is based the author created characters that transcend traditional archetypes and are deeply layered and malleable. While the first season introduced the viewer to its long list of potential heroes, as season two progresses, it has become increasingly clear that the strength of "Game of Thrones" lies in the series’ ever-growing cast of female characters.
7. SCARLETT JOHANSSON WONDERS, WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
"I'm constantly surprised by how rude people are," she confessed. "You'll be having an intimate dinner with a friend and there's somebody on the table behind with a camera phone pointing at your face."
1. BETTY WHITE STARS IN A CAMPAIGN AD
2. 'FIGHT CLUB' – PAUSED
3. 'TRUE DETECTIVE' SERIES LANDS 8 EPISODES AT HBO WITH HARRELSON & MCCONAUGHEY
4. PICS FROM THE LONE RANGER SET...
5. WARNER BROS. IS AIMING TO ATTACK L.A. WITH DINOSAURS
6. ‘DAMAGES’ 5TH & FINAL SEASON PREMIERES THIS JULY
7. MARVEL HAS BIG PLANS FOR BLACK WIDOW
8. FOUR AMAZINGLY MIGHTY VIDEOS TAKE YOU BEHIND THE SCENES OF ‘THE AVENGERS’
9. TOM HANKS AND RITA WILSON CELEBRATE 24 YEARS OF MARRIAGE
10. PAUL HOGAN RESOLVES LENGTHY AUSTRALIAN TAX ISSUES
11. C'MON HOLLYWOOD: BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!
12. TAYLOR KITSCH STANDS BY 'JOHN CARTER'
Please send link requests to email@example.com or Twitter @NolteNC.