Box Office Predictions: Pixar's 'Brave' to Best Honest Abe, 'Vampire Hunter'
Looking ahead, Pixar's return headlines the new releases. Weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Brave" ($61 million) - There are forces in box office you try not to bet against, and Pixar films are one of them. Look for a dominating win here thanks to vast family audiences.
2. "Madagascar 3" ($19 million) - Pixar will bring in so much of the younger audiences that even this one will see a significant boost in its third weekend. A fourth entry in the franchise seems very likely.
3. "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" ($15 million) - Without question one of the strangest action projects to open this year. Film will have audiences curious, but not in a good way. Look for only modest results here.
4. "Prometheus" ($10 million) - Film will post another big drop in line with its low (and not really increasing) word of mouth. Wouldn't expect a sequel at this point, but at least its not doing as bad as "Rock Of Ages."
5. "Seeking a Friend at the End of the World ($8.4 million) - This fun take on all things doomsday will entertain comedy audiences. Unfortunately, the screen count is low (only 1,400+ screens) and Steve Carrell's diminished box office appeal will only take the film so far.
Have a great family weekend.