Last weekend saw Sensei do very well on the numbers. This week, the field is wide open for picking the top winner.
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows. All calls are four-day (Fri-Mon) given the Labor Day holiday.
1. "The Possession" ($13.4 million) - Film has just
enough of a hungry target audience to win, plus horror fans disappointed with weak recent entries like "The Apparition" will help this entry steal a
2. "Lawless" ($10.5 million) - Cast has notable names, but last Wednesday's less than stellar opening shows only middling
results. Don't expect very high results here.
3. "2016: Obama's America" ($9.3 million) - Again, the real star of the
weekend. The film will command all attention and is already one
of the most successful documentaries ever created. Look for another
impressive weekend to add to last week's strong showing.
4. "The Expendables 2" ($9 million) - The action sequel
still has plenty left in the tank. Look for the film to break the $65
million domestic mark and remain very healthy.
5. "ParaNorman" ($8 million) - On such a lowbrow
weekend for genre films, this will again grab family audiences and has
much more interest than weekend opener "Oogieloves."
In other calls:
Look for "Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" to pull in around $3 million.
That's the word from Sensei. Have a great holiday weekend.