Box Office Predictions: 'Raiders' Returns, '2016' Passes Al Gore
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows.
1. "The Possession" ($8.5 million) - A large drop is
expected but will still make enough to win the weekend. Look for the
horror vehicle to be a rare box office repeat winner.
2. "The Words" ($6.4 million) - Film lacks high star power and is suffering from very low buzz. Look for a very 'Premium Rush'-like gross.
3. "Lawless" ($5.2 million) - Film is just hoping to
hang around for a few more weeks. I continue to have a soft spot for old
school gangster flicks and admire what the filmmakers did here. Box
office results, however, have been less than stellar.
4. "The Expendables 2" ($4.9 million) - This actioner continues to do well with its core audience. Look for even more healthy weekends.
5. "Raiders of the Lost Ark IMAX" ($4.1 million) - Well
hello, old friend. This re-release will grab most of the attention this
weekend and could even rise higher. Despite being on only 267 IMAX
screens, expect this film classic to pack quite a punch.
In other calls:
Look for "2016: Obama's America" to pass fellow documentaries "Sicko" and "An Inconvenient Truth" in
total domestic box office. This, and "Cold Light Of Day" to greatly disappoint around $2 million.
That's the word from Sensei. Have a great weekend.