Box Office Predictions: 'Skyfall' Marks Bond's Return to Top of Charts
It's James Bond week, and to celebrate we've put together a list of our favorite James Bond trailers of all time for your viewing pleasure. Bond's latest, "Skyfall," looks to set the box office ablaze.
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Skyfall" ($86 million) - After a long four-year absence, the Hollywood icon returns. With audience demand sky high and critical reviews strong, "Skyfall" is set to be the most successful box office entry in the franchise's history. Going with a "Fast Five"-like opening off these factors.
2. "Wreck-It-Ralph" ($29 million) - The old-school arcade feel is playing well with nostalgic audiences. Add to that the great support from family audiences, and a solid second week looks golden.
3. "Flight" ($16 million) - Still shocking how this film was opened on only 1,884 screens last week (as opposed to Denzel Washington's usual 3000+ screens). Nevertheless, film opened very well ($24.9 million) and will post a solid second week.
4. "Argo" ($7 million) - Is there Oscar buzz for this film yet? Film will actually grab a few audiences disappointed by the recent election results. Should be enough to remain in the top five.
5. "The Man With The Iron Fists" ($3.8 million) - This over the top actioner is actually doing pretty respectable business. Considering it's appealing to an very unpredictable niche audience, its box office results are nothing to sneeze at. Sorry, in this film's case, blast a sword at.
That's Sensei's take. Have a great Bond weekend.