Box Office Predictions: 'Twilight,' 'Skyfall' Renew Rivalry
Last week saw Sensei's call streak hit double digits. Continuing the streak will not be easy with so much uncertainty surrounding who'll win this weekend.
Sensei's predictions and revenue results go as follows.
1. "Skyfall" ($10.5 million) -
After yielding to "Twilight" the last couple weeks, I feel everything is in place for James Bond to pull the rare rise to the top despite being released weeks earlier (last film to do so was "Argo"). Betting the call streak on James Bond - have to like those odds.
2. "Rise of the Guardians" ($9.2 million) - Everything comes down to word of mouth. If enough families gather for it, look for a possible weekend win. Film is not performing well during the regular box office week, so a huge weekend surge would be needed to beat Bond.
3. "Lincoln" ($9 million) - Film will pull within striking distance of the $100 million domestic mark. Not too shabby for the presidential icon. Many audiences will go simply seeking escape from the modern political problems at home, so audience interest remains high.
4. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two" ($8.5 million) - Film will pass the $265 million domestic mark. This franchise finale has already earned well over $700 million worldwide, and is easily set to become the franchise's most successful box office grosser (current leader "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part One" made $712 million worldwide).
5. "Life of Pi" ($8 million) - The film's high production budget ($120 million) still looms over this one.
In other calls:
Look for "Playing For Keeps" to bring in around $5 million.
That's Sensei's calls. Have a great weekend.