Box Office Predictions: 'Pain & Gain' Will Bench Press 'Oblivion'
Sensei had the right call last week. This week looks to be closer than expected.
Sensei's weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Pain and Gain" ($22 million) -
Film has been getting a late surge in positive buzz. While not enough
for a breakout opening, it should be enough for a decent one. I think
this one will surprise.
2. "Oblivion" ($20 million) - Is Tom Cruise back? That remains to be seen, but a solid second weekend will help bolster that argument.
3. "42" ($11 million) - Film is easily on track to beat A League Of Their Own, and become the highest grossing baseball film ever.
4. "The Big Wedding" ($7.8 million) - Not expecting much from what looks to be License To Wed 2.0. License didn't pull a high opening either, only finishing around $10 million.
5. "The Croods" ($6 million) - Will pass the total gross of A Shark Tale ($155 million) to continue climbing the DreamWorks animation ranks.
That's Sensei's calls. Enjoy the weekend.