Box Office Predictions: 'Iron Man 3' To Kick Off Summer Movie Season, Shatter Records
Sensei had very close calls last week, assuring his prediction accuracy over other prediction sites. This week looks to be a record buster.
Sensei's weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Iron Man 3" ($162 million) - Iron Man is easily the most popular Avenger. Get set for a high opening worthy all that Avengers buzz still surrounding it. Go big or go home.
2. "Pain and Gain" ($9 million) - As for everyone else? Holdovers will be happy to get any box office they can in Iron Man's wake.
3. "Oblivion" ($8.2 million) - Film will easily pass the $75 million domestic mark. Still, its $120 million production budget looms big over it.
4. "42" ($6 million) - Will pass fellow baseball hits Moneyball and The Rookie in domestic box office this weekend. All that remains is chasing down A League Of Their Own's final take (listed as $107 million) to become the highest grossing baseball film.
5. "The Croods" ($4.5 million) - Will pass the total gross of Kung Fu Panda 2 ($165 million) to continue its impressive box office run.
That's Sensei's calls. Enjoy the weekend.