Box Office Predictions: 'Star Trek' to Boldly Go Where Franchise Hasn't Gone Before
Sensei had mixed results last week. This week looks to be a franchise first.
Sensei's weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Star Trek Into Darkness" ($92 million) - Buzz is very positive right now, and Star Trek
(at its core) still remains one of the most conversative franchises
ever created. Franchise will set a new mark this weekend by achieving
its highest weekend opening ever.
2. "Iron Man 3" ($34 million) -
Will break the $330 million domestic mark. That's pretty incredible for
its third week. The film is also already set to break the billion dollar
mark worldwide. Tony Stark, indeed.
3. "The Great Gatsby" ($24 million) - Film did very well last week, but a high drop is inevitable against such strong competition.
4. "42" ($2.8 Million) - Film will not pass A League Of Their Own to become the biggest baseball film of all time. Film is now assured to finish a solid runner-up.
5. "Pain and Gain" ($2.5 million) - Looks to break the $45 million mark. Not too shabby with its cheap production cost ($26 million).
That's Sensei's calls. Enjoy the weekend.