Box Office Predictions: Pixar's 'Monsters' To Top Pitt's Zombies
Sensei had some great calls last week. This weekend, Pixar returns to take on the world.
Sensei's weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Monsters University" ($ 74 million) - There
are certain box office forces you try to not to ever bet against, and Pixar
is one of them. Despite a crowded marketplace, this film is set to pull
another impressive Pixar start.
2. "World War Z" ($55 million) - Buzz is positive, but the problem is the very strong Man Of Steel
is stealing away box office (not to mention vast action audiences).
Look for a respectable opening here, not a blockbuster-like one.
3. "Man Of Steel" ($ 51 million)
- Will pass the total box office of the previous Superman entry,
Superman Returns, already this weekend ($200 million). Wow. What'd that
take, like two weeks to achieve? Superman is definitely back.
4. "This Is The End" ($11 million) - Will put it within range of the $60 million domestic mark. Not bad for a comedy at this stage of the Summer frame.
5. "Now You See Me" ($5.8 million) - With box office disappointments After Earth, Star Trek Into Darkness fading
out, a clear path is forming for this sleeper hit to pull another
impressive weekend. Film will break the $100 million domestic mark much
sooner than expected. Not too shabby.
That's Sensei's calls. Enjoy the weekend.