Tuesday Morning Crib Sheet: Progressive Victimhood Chic, Free Republic Bans Romney Supporters
- This is now beyond stupid and ridiculous. Progressives are now angry at Roland Martin because he was making jokes during the Super Bowl. There is a scary, fascist trend developing here in the United States where people too sensitive to apparently participate in society are holding everyone else responsible for meaningless remarks. It's victimhood chic.
- Wrong: it's the third time hyperventilating progressives were willing to freak out for nothing only to go back to their man caves with no scalp.
Dylan Byers notes that criticism of Roland Martin for a comment he made about a Super Bowl commercial — “If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him!” — marks the third time this year that CNN contributors have caused some kind of controversy. The fact that CNN keeps finding itself in this position, he writes, says something about its editorial strategy
It's a symptom alright, a symptom of progressives so antsy to drum out speech or thought with which they don't agree that they're willing to embarrass themselves in an all-out witch hunt.
- A FYI: Making fun of David Beckham's underwear and soccer is now apparently "gay bashing." Hands to heaven I'm not making this up. Who in America doesn't make fun of soccer? Who doesn't laugh at the giant David Beckham bollocks billboards? What does that have to do with being gay?
- WSJ: Disney, Univision In Talks to Launch 24-Hour English Language News Channel.
- Did the Freepers have enough of the Romney surrogates calling everyone who didn't vote Romney "bigots?" Seems so. Much in the same way that Obama supporters called conservatives "bigots" for not supporting Obamacare (or just disagreeing with Obama on anything), some Romney supporters borrow language of the left and call those who don't get in line behind Romney 'anti-Mormon bigots.'
(I'm sure it's completely coincidental that I followed a piece about progressives freaking out over Roland Martin with conservatives freaking out at other conservatives over Mitt Romney.)
Evangelicals went for Romney hand over fist in the Florida primary, as well as in Nevada where Mormons did, too. Did you hear non-Romney supporters calling Romney's Mormon supporters "bigots" for not voting for a Catholic or Evangelical? No. Because that language is best left to progressives. Knock it off, people.
- Now Gingrich wants more debates.
- That WHRRR WHRRR WHRRR sound you hear is the BS meter going off: "Listening to Rachel Maddow is like listening to Walter Cronkite."
- AOL is trying desperately to get people other than your grandparents and that aunt who sends you videos of cats to care about its services.