1. I never had an interest in being a mayor ’cause that’s a real job. You have to produce. That’s why I was able to be a senator for 36 years.
2. You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.
3. There’s a gigantic difference between John McCain and Barack Obama, and between me and I suspect my vice presidential opponent. … She’s good-looking.
4. Look, John [McCain’s] last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the No. 1 job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.
5. I’d rather be at home making love to my wife while my children are asleep.
6. Here I am, the first Irish-Catholic vice president in the history of United States of America. Barack Obama is the first African-American in the history of the United States of America.
7. Folks, I can tell you I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.
8. I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.
9. A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next president of the United States—Barack America!
10. Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. … Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me.
11. No one can say a negative thing about Dan Quayle. When he was vice president, he built that pool [at the VP’s residence]. I just want you to know, he is my favorite vice president.
12. My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be … vice president!
Timing is indeed everything. It’s convenient for Politico to rip Biden now that Obama is reelected, and it’s even more timely for them to mock him so he doesn’t get in the way of a Hillary run for the presidency.