Those 638 (at last Castro count and dutiful MSM dissemination) CIA assassination attempts against Fidel Castro have inspired a video game titled Call of Duty: Black Ops
that racked up $360 million in its first day on sale, a new record for video games. The game’s goal is to whack Castro. Between bouts of fulmination against a Big Peace contributor: ("Fontova's books simply libel our Revolution's founders! The terms "scoundrel" and "traitor" should precede every mention of Humberto Fontova!") Castro's press agency, Cubadebate
, now fulminates against the video game: "What the United States couldn't accomplish in more than 50 years, they are now trying to do virtually."
Disputing Castroite claims is not an MSM specialty, to put it mildly. From Cuba’s fabulous healthcare, to the malicious U.S. bullying
that drove the poor dear into the arms of mother Russia, to the diabolical “embargo” we maintain against the poor dear, to the poor dear’s eye-misting concern for the downtrodden and especially the black, to how this poor dear, despite all the above aggression, converted a hopelessly corrupt, racist, gangster-ridden, and impoverished Caribbean island into the Emerald City—-with all this issuing from the MSM it’s hard to get a fact in edgewise.
But here at Big Peace we’ll try. "This new video game is doubly perverse," fulminates Castro’s eunuch media. "On the one hand, it glorifies the illegal assassination attempts the United States government planned against the Cuban leader and on the other, it stimulates sociopathic attitudes in North American children and adolescents." Let’s take the items seriatim:
- The late E. Howard Hunt ("Eduardo") was head of the CIA "Cuba Project's" political division in the early 60's. "So far as I have been able to determine" he clarifies in his book Give Us This Day. pp.38-39, no coherent plan was ever developed within the CIA to assassinate Castro, though it was the heart's desire of many exile groups." Interestingly Hunt stresses that whacking Castro was his own recommendation from the get-go. But he couldn't get any serious takers within the agency suits.
Old habits, perhaps, died hard:
- "Me and my staff were all Fidelistas." (Robert Reynolds, the CIA's "Caribbean Desk’s chief from 1957-1960.)
- "Everyone in the CIA and everyone at State was pro-Castro, except [Republican] ambassador Earl Smith." CIA operative in Santiago Cuba, Robert Weicha.
- "Coherent plan," it seems to me is the crucial term from Hunt. Now here's Howard Hunt on Youtube shedding light on the CIA’s legendary and multifarious Castro “assassination” plans: "We never got that far."
- Best yet, here’s a passage from the very liturgy of the “Leave Castro Alone—I Mean It!” sect, the Frank Church Committee: “In August 1975, Fidel Castro gave Senator George McGovern a list of twenty-four alleged attempts to assassinate him in which Castro claimed the CIA had been involved…The Committee has found no evidence that the CIA was involved in the attempts on Castro’s life enumerated in the allegations that Castro gave to Senator McGovern.”
Now to the second item of concern for the child-care specialists who apparently run Castro’s regime, that “stimulation sociopathic attitudes in North American children and adolescents." We trust the Castro regime will come down harshly on any of the video game’s distributors in Cuba. Stimulating sociopathic attitudes in Cuban
children, after all, is the exclusive vocation of the Stalinist regime itself. “We will be like Che!” chant all Cuban schoolchildren every morning upon the commencement of their Stalinist indoctrination
“Hatred as the central element of our struggle!
” raved Ernesto “Che” Guevara
in his 1966 Message to the Tricontinental Conference in Havana. “Hatred
that is intransigent…hatred
so violent that it propels a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him violent and cold- blooded killing machine…We reject any peaceful approach. We must keep our hatred
alive and fan it to paroxysm
! Violence is inevitable. To establish Socialism rivers of blood must flow!”
“My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood… Crazy with fury I will stain my rifle red while slaughtering any surrendered
enemy that falls in my hands! With the deaths of my enemies I prepare my being for the sacred fight and join the triumphant proletariat with a bestial howl!”
Rigoberto Hernandez was 17 when Che's soldiers dragged him from his cell in La Cabana prison, jerked his head back to gag him, and started dragging him to the stake. Little "Rigo" pleaded his innocence to the very bloody end. But his pleas were garbled and difficult to understand. His struggles while being gagged and bound to the stake were also awkward. The boy had been a janitor in a Havana high school and was mentally retarded. His single mother had pleaded his case with hysterical sobs. She had begged, beseeched and finally proven to his "prosecutors" that it was a case of mistaken identity. Her only son, a boy in such a condition, couldn't possibly
have been "a CIA agent planting bombs."
!" and the firing squad volley shattered Rigo's little bent body as he moaned and struggled awkwardly against his bounds, blindfold and gag. Remember the gallant Che Guevara's instructions to his revolutionary courts: "judicial evidence is an archaic bourgeois detail! We execute from revolutionary conviction!”
“We will be like Che!” Not that there’s anything sociopathic about that!