has obtained an e-mail, reportedly sent from Muammar Qaddafi's regime to public relations firms worldwide, beseeching their help for a global PR war whose aim is to encourage an end to foreign support for rebel forces.
Subject: Mission for Peace
My Name is Ali and I work for the “” at the Ministry of Information in Libya.
We are seeking to employ your PR company to present our just and fair case to the world. Libya has been under an unjustified media and PR attack which led to NATO’s military involvement since the 19th of March. We also face an armed rebellion that has been causing violence, terror and destruction in many parts of the country.
We have good moral, political and legal logic supporting our position as the legitimate, sovereign and popular government of Libya. We also have proofs in written, audio and video forms to take our case forward.
The African Union, Libya’s essential geopolitical space, has been supporting our effort to establish peace and security for all Libyans, so have important political figures from around the globe.
If we reach an agreement we will make sure it will be for the good of all Libyans and in accordance with the UN resolutions on Libya. We can formalise any deal with your organisation through a third party to help move things forward fast.
In particular, we need you to help us:
- Improve the image of the Libyan government in your country.
- Open direct communication channels to members of Parliament, party leaders and members of government.
- Create effective communication platforms for the members and leaders of the Libyan government.
- Assist the Libyan government to define their political and strategic mission and to transmit the statements in appropriate wording.
- Organize or assist in daily media briefings and/or formal media conferences.
- Organize off-the-record and on-the-record one-on-one meetings with opinion leaders of your national media.
-Take all measures to enhance the credibility of Libyan government and their representatives.
- Create a counter balance to the PR and media activities of rebels and the allied forces.
- Avoid action which is damaging to the image of the Libyan government.
- Day by day trouble shooting in media and PR sectors.
- Assist the Libyan government in managing contacts on the international political level.
-A wide range of publications, from2 to 4 page briefings all the way through to 250-page books.
- Commissioning a range of academic studies.
- Identifying and influencing existing and up-and-coming politicians, Opinion makers and academics that have shown a non-interventionist approach.
- comprehensive constantly updated websites.
- A range of international conferences and speeches.
- Round-table meetings.
- Comprehensive media outreach identifying as many newspapers and journalists as possible.
We are off course open to your ideas and proposals.
Mission for Peace
Ministry of Information