Bachmann Still Standing as Information on Huma Abedin Emerges
Rep. Michele Bachmann has faced an onslaught of opposition since requesting that U.S. intelligence and security agencies investigate possible ties between Huma Abedin and the Muslim Brotherhood. This onslaught not withstanding, information that has become public since Bachmann's request has only justified her concern and magnified the need to ascertain what influence the Muslim Brotherhood may be exercising in U.S. governmental affairs.
Here's what we know:
1. Abedin's mother is not only a member of the Muslim Sisterhood but also sits on its Guidance Bureau (along with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi's wife).
2. Abedin's mother is also a board member of the International Islamic Council for Dawa and Relief. This council has been banned in Israel for its support of Hamas.
3. Abedin's brother has alleged ties to Omar Naseef and Sheikh Yusus al-Qaradawi, two of the most influential terror supporters in the world.
4. Abedin became involved in the Institute for Minority Muslim Affairs (IMMA) during the Clinton presidency and remained involved with that group until leaving it for a position with Sec. of State Hillary Clinton in 2008. During this time the IMMA was backed by Omar Naseef, one of the influential terror supporters with whom Abedin's brother has alleged ties.
5. Abedin's mother is also heavily involved in the IMMA.
When we take these things into consideration, along with the fact that Sec. Clinton recently overrode Congressional objections and sent a $1.5 billion lump-sum payment to Morsi's Islamist government in Egypt, it only makes sense to investigate what influence the Muslim Brotherhood may be having over our foreign policy.
Bachmann took a stand for the security of the United States. And, thankfully, she's still standing.