In one of the worst outbreaks of violence since Barack Obama abandoned the freedom-seeking Iraqi people in December of 2011, 54 people were killed and over 169 injured within the final two weeks of 2012.
The attacks occurred between December 17 ,2012 and December 29, 2012 and were widespread across the US-forsaken nation. Among the incidents were:
In Bagdad, a suicide bomber reportedly drove his explosive-laden car into a procession of Shiite Muslims and killed four people while wounding 16 others. Another car bomb killed one person and wounded six others.
In Kirkuk, five law enforcement officers were killed and six others -- including a civilian-- were wounded when a bomb went off as police desperately tried to defuse it. Another series of attacks from gunmen and bombers left an additional 11 people dead and 50 others wounded.
In al Mussayab, three homes were blown up by explosives killing seven people and injuring four others.
In Al Latifiyah, a mortar attack injured three people.
In Hilla city, a car bomb blew up killing one person and injuring three others.
- In Babil province, the provincial governor’s envoy was attacked by an explosives-laden car and three bodyguards were injured.
- In Diyala province, roadside bombs and gunfire killed five people and wounded approximately 32 others. Eight additional gunfire attacks left three people dead and 20 wounded.
- In Tuz Khurmato, a car bomb injured two people. Two additional car bombs killed five people and wounded another 25.
- In Tahir Awa, a car bomb killed seven and wounded 14 others, mostly women and children.
In Albu Slaibi, a bomb and gunfire attack left three dead and wounded three others
- In Dujail, a car bomb killed two people and wounded 14 others.
In Tikrit, a car bomb killed one person and wounded four others.
- In Samarra, a car bomb wounded three people.
- In Rutba, a mortar attack on a neighborhood killed two people and wounded six others.
In Khaldiyah, a car bomb killed two people and wounded three others.
- In Tarmiyah, a bomb wounded two people.
In Qara Tabba, a tribal leader’s home was attacked by gunmen and killed the leader’s son, grandson, and a woman before they fled. The victims’ funeral was then attacked with three bombs and three were killed and an additional 10 people were wounded.