Since CBS News learned that the Obama administration delivered Benghazi documents to the Senate Intelligence Committee last Thursday, a source who has viewed the documents is telling the network that someone “in a federal agency ‘press shop’ was involved in changing the talking points to remove al-Qaeda.”
In fact, CBS’s source says the docs say that there were warnings from Libya that were sent to Washington days before the deadly attack on the U.S. mission that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens that specifically alerted the administration about an imminent attack on the U.S. consulate.
The source who read the Benghazi material also said that the documents say most of the correspondence between Libya and Washington from the beginning of the attacks to point to al Qaeda or al Qaeda affiliates “as being the likely instigators.”
Another source, CBS says who saw the documents, states the little mention of a protest on the night of the attack on the compound were not from first hand references.
CBS previously reported that a source told them that the White House sent over transcripts of FBI interviews with Americans who survived the attack. The network is now reporting “two sources believe Benghazi survivor info and transcripts still have not been provided in un-redacted form to committee.”