Top 10 Future Hall of Famers
Ahh, we all celebrate the legends of yesteryear. But who will be the legends our kids celebrate? What a great time to be a sports fan! Here’s a peek at those we think have a chance. Some players like LeBron James and Peyton Manning already have the credentials to go to the Hall of Fame if they retired today, but here are the players we believe are building their case.
10. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder. Quarterbacking a dominant team. This generation’s John Stockton.
9. Sydney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins. The legend has already started. Leading a team with less talent to good results and a Cup.
8. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins. Even on one knee, he is the best at his position and will adjust to being less reckless on the field.
7. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals. Panache, success, titles, 20 years old.
6. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks. What a draft find. Will make them competitive for years.
5. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers. Incredible talent at a tough position. When LeBron comes back to Cleveland, he will finally have something to work with.
4. Stephen Strasburg, Washington Nationals. There is no way to shut down this guy’s talent or dominance. If he is healthy, he is the next Nolan Ryan.
3. Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners. Feast up Seattle! You have one of the real greats of the next decade, locked up for years.
2. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Melo is cementing his place in history this year.
1. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts. He will be seen as the next Montana. His rivalries with Wilson and Griffin, as well as Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton, will be the stuff of legend.
Next Top 10: Top 10 Sports movies.