With a poor game from Oregon's Marcus Mariota, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel takes the top spot in this week's rankings. Still no one has established a significant lead to this point.
1. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (Last Week- #2)- Manziel keeps putting together solid performances, although he has yet to capture the magic of last season. I continue to believe that his antics will require him to do more than a typical Heisman winner. Nevertheless, he moves to the top as others falter.
2. QB Tahj Boyd, Clemson (Last Week- #4)- Clemson did not look good against NC State, but Boyd’s three touchdowns propelled the Tigers to a win. The dual threat signal caller still has not thrown an interception.--- Boyd was dominant against Wake Forest, and he has the skills to continue to make a very serious run at the trophy.
3. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon (Last Week- #1)- Rough day for Mariota. Great day for the Ducks. The signal caller remains very much in contention
4. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (Last Week- #3)- Louisville did not play.
5. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor (Last Week- #5)- Baylor did not play.
6. QB Jameis Winston, Florida State (Last Week- Unranked)- A freshman can’t win the Heisman… oh, wait… nevermind.
7. QB Aaron Murray, Georgia (Last Week, Unranked)- The Bulldogs have an early season loss, but they also have two impressive wins behind Murray who continues to impress.
8. RB Todd Gurley, Georgia (Last Week- #6)- Gurley had limited opportunities against LSU, but managed 9.1 yards per carry in the contest.
9. RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin (Last Week- #8)- The Buckeyes defense slowed Gordon, but he still managed nearly five yards per carry.
10. QB Brett Hundley, UCLA (Last Week- #10)- UCLA did not play this week.
On the Cusp: QB Derek Carr (Fresno State), QB Bryce Petty (Baylor), QB Zach Mettenberger (LSU), QB Taylor Kelly (Arizona State), QB Keith Price (Washington), WR Mike Evans (TAMU)
In the Mix/Stock Rising: QB Aaron Murray (UGA), RB Alex Collins (Arkansas), WR Jordan Matthews (Vanderbilt), DE Vic Beasley (Clemson), RB Jeremy Hill (LSU), RB Bishop Sankey (Washington)
Stock Falling: QB AJ McCarron (Alabama), QB Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois), RB De’Anthony Thomas