Scandal Plagued Regime Represents Challenge For Democrat Strategists
On top of the Benghazi, IRS, AP/RosenGate, and NSA scandals, three shiny new scandals emerged, yesterday, adding to the Regime's already impressive roster.
1) CBS News revealed that State Department had quashed or obstructed IG investigations into wrongdoing by high ranking officials overseas.
CBS News’ John Miller reports that according to an internal State Department Inspector General’s memo, several recent investigations were influenced, manipulated, or simply called off. The memo obtained by CBS News cited eight specific examples.
Among them: allegations that a State Department security official in Beirut “engaged in sexual assaults” on foreign nationals hired as embassy guards and the charge and that members of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s security detail “engaged prostitutes while on official trips in foreign countries” — a problem the report says was “endemic.”
As bad as that is - it took an even uglier turn today when it was reported that the Ambassador who was engaging prostitutes in public parks is suspected of targeting minor children.
2) Yesterday, we also discovered via the Inspector General, that nepotism has become an “open and widespread practice” at the Department of Energy.
Via White House Dossier:
At least a dozen children or other relatives of Energy Department officials have received summer jobs at the agency. One official got positions for two of his kids at the division where he works.
3) And via Allahpundit at Hot Air we found that an Insider-trading probe of Medicare announcement revealed hundreds of HHS employees had secret info.
Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) told The Washington Post late last week that his office reviewed the e-mail records of employees at the Department of Health and Human Services and found that 436 of them had early access to the Medicare decision as much as two weeks before it was made public…
With a big hat tip to Gabe Malor at AoSHQ, Mary Katharine Ham also reminded readers at Hot Air about the four separate scandals that are going on right now at the EPA.
They are in a nutshell:
1) The EPA gave an ethics award to fake employee, “Richard Windsor,” who was already just an unethically created e-mail alias for the agency’s former head, Lisa P. Jackson.
2) The EPA makes conservatives pay a fortune for FOIAs to be granted while waiving fees for liberal groups.
3) EPA contractors are basically Gym, Tan, Laundrying in new, swanky rec rooms thanks to your tax money.
4) The EPA leaked confidential information on farmers and cattle facilities to environmental groups.
See White House Dossier's Top 20 Obama Administration Scandals for the complete list (minus the three latest.)
The best spin that Democrat strategists can put on the scandals is that Republicans are somehow "overreaching" in their responses to the outrageous Obama corruption. One strategist, in reaction to the scandals actually told Judge Jeanine Pirro, last weekend that Republicans have "jumped the shark."
“What’s really going outside of the bubble and outside of the studio”, he explained “is I think most Americans are in like ‘scandal shock.’ You know they’ve really just jumped the shark this time with just another scandal on top of it all…”
Pirro was taken aback. “What does that mean, “jump the shark?” she interrupted. Clayton responded, “you know, it’s like gone WAY too far, it’s just like all of these scandals all at once, and Americans are going like, “HEY CONGRESS! When are you going to get back to work doing your job?!”
I kid you not.