Team tracking Benghazi suspects pulling out Despite Obama's Vow To Get Them
Two weeks after the Obama Justice Department announced charges against suspects in the Benghazi attack, Fox News is reporting that much of the U.S. response team that hunted the suspects and trained Libyans to help capture or kill them is leaving Libya permanently.
Sources tell Fox News, "some of the same suspects in the Benghazi attack are continuing to help the Muslim Brotherhood in eastern Libya and are directly aligned with the militant group Ansar al-Sharia, which has already begun operations to undermine the fledgling Libyan government."
On August 9, at a White House press conference, the president leaked the existence of a sealed indictment:
[W]e have informed, I think, the public that there’s a sealed indictment,” the president responded. “It’s sealed for a reason. But we are intent on capturing those who carried out this attack, and we’re going to stay on it until we get them.”
With the response team leaving the country and the terror suspects still at large, Adam Housley at Fox News reports that Special Operators are frustrated.
Special operators in the region tell Fox News that while Benghazi targets have been identified for months, officials in Washington could "never pull the trigger." In fact, one source insists that much of the information on Benghazi suspects had been passed along to the White House after being vetted by the Department of Defense and the State Department -- and at least one recommendation for direct action on a Benghazi suspect was given to President Obama as recently as Aug. 7.
Meanwhile, months after video, photo and voice documentation on the Benghazi suspects was first presented to high-level military leaders, the State Department and ultimately the White House, prison breaks in the country have eroded security. U.S. special forces have now been relegated to a "villa," a stopover for the operators before they're shipped out of the country entirely.
Martha MacCallum aptly noted at the end of the video clip (at the link) - "this raises so many questions..."
"We put American special operations in harm's way to develop a picture of these suspects and to seek justice and instead of acting, we stalled. We just let it slip and pass us by and now it's going to be much more difficult," one source said, citing 1,200 prisoners escaping two weeks ago. "It's already blowing up. Daily assassinations, bi-weekly prison escapes, we waited way too long."
The latest development raises questions about when the attackers will be brought to justice in the murder of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans last September.
The special operators are starting to get frustrated at the lack of action, and Fox News has been told by multiple sources that one special forces leader "literally yelled" at former Libyan Chief of Mission William Roebuck "and told him, 'so you're willing to let these guys get away with murder?'"
The outburst was "met with crickets," the sources said.
Yeah, it almost looks like the Regime doesn't want to catch the terrorists.
Last week, Joe DiGenova, attorney for one of the Benghazi whistleblowers, told Washington D.C.’s WMAL that 400 U.S. missiles were diverted from Benghazi to Libya and ended up falling into “the hands of some very ugly people.”
Meanwhile, a newspaper in Egypt is reporting that Egypt’s Attorney General Hisham Barakat is looking into evidence that arrested Muslim Brotherhood leaders accepted bribes from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.
The trials that are scheduled to begin in Cairo on August 25th will feature a litany of charges against the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. Included among them are murders, assassinations, prison escapes, sniping, indiscriminate killing of demonstrators, and collaborating with foreign governments, to include both the United States and Qatar.
Evidence we have obtained lends credibility to the charges of “gifts” (bribes) being taken in U.S. dollars from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo” that were distributed to top ministerial level officials in the Mursi government.
Here is a direct translation from the newspaper:
“A judicial source stated that the Attorney General Hisham Barakat received a number of filed complaints over the past few days. These complaints accuse leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood and leaders of the centrist party of receiving bribes thinly disguised as ‘gifts’, paid through the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.”