HOUSTON, Texas– Congressman Randy Weber (R-TX) introduced House Resolution 652, condemning the President of the United States and the executive branch of government for continuous actions that violate the laws and Constitution of the United States. This action comes following the announcement by House Speaker John Boehner of a potential lawsuit that may be filed by the House against the Executive Branch.
Breitbart TV reported on June 25, that Speaker Boehner outlined a process by which the House will consider a resolution authorizing the lawsuit, granting him standing to challenge the president’s actions.
“On one matter after another during his presidency, President Obama has circumvented the Congress through executive action, creating his own laws and excusing himself from executing statutes he is sworn to enforce – at times even boasting about his willingness to do it, as if daring the America people to stop him,” the memo says.
“In light of Speaker Boehner’s announcement to bring suit against the President,” Congressman Weber stated, “I am introducing a resolution specifically citing the failed attempts of the President and the Executive Branch of Government to enforce the laws and uphold the Constitution and to express the sense of Congress that this action is unacceptable.”
The resolution (a copy of which was obtained by Breitbart Texas and attached below) cites a series of incidents where President Obama and his administration have violated, failed to uphold or to enforce the laws of this nation. Those include:
- The President violated the Constitution by unilaterally changing sections of the Affordable Care Act (Public 111-148) 23 times without congressional approval
- The President and the Department of Justice, in direct violation of their constitutional responsibility, decided to not enforce Federal law with regards to the Defense of Marriage Act (Public Law 104-199)
- The President and the Department of Justice continues to choose not to enforce Federal drug laws (Public Law 91-513, the Controlled Substances Act, and Public Law 100-690, the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986)
- The President violated the Constitution by making presidential appointments to the National Labor Relations Board and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau while Congress was not in session (This action was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in a unanimous decision this week.)
- The President and the Department of Justice abused Executive Privilege with regards to the Fast and Furious Scandal, by refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform of the House of Representatives in violation of section 192 of title 2, United States Code
- The President violated the law (Public Law 89-236) when he unilaterally changed our Nation’s immigration laws with regards to Deferred Action
- The President and the Department of Health and Human Services failed to enforce Federal law (Public law 111-5) by illegally waiving the work requirement for welfare recipients
- The Internal Revenue Service violated the First Amendment to the United States Constitution by targeting non-profit organizations because of their religious or political beliefs
- The President and the Department of Defense knowingly violated the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014 (Public Law 113-66) by not providing a 30-day notice to Congress prior to transporting five Guantanamo detainees to Qatar in a prisoner swap
“We have a constitutional crisis in America,” Weber continued. “The President of the United States and the Executive Branch of Government are destroying the core principles of our Constitution by failing to faithfully execute the laws of the land.”
“Our nation’s laws are not mere suggestions to be dismissed on a whim. Our laws are binding. If we in Congress allow any President to ignore the rule-of-law, than we allow the foundations of our nation to be devastated. The time has come to clearly expose the lawlessness of our President and his Administration. The American people deserve the truth and justice,” the Congressman concluded.
Bob Price is a staff writer and a member of the original Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX.