On Wednesday, the Huffington Post posted an article by self-described journalist Sophia Eribo that was nothing less than an anti-Semitic screed.
Many Republicans tossed softball questions at Lynch throughout her confirmation hearing. Nonetheless, Lynch demurred from answering over and over again, abiding by the new rule that nominees must avoid giving honest answers lest they be held accountable for those answers.
On Monday, Hank Green, one of the YouTube viral video stars chosen to interview President Obama after the State of the Union address, wrote what millions of Americans have said for a week: “Bethany Mota, Glozell Green, and I got an opportunity that a lot of people don’t think we deserved.”
According to the pundits, this weekend’s Iowa Freedom Summit recalibrated the Republican presidential field. The summit, run by archconservative Rep. Steve King (R-IA), drew candidates from across the spectrum – and shook up the widespread perceptions of frontrunners versus also-rans. Here are the weekend’s big winners and losers.
On Thursday, President Barack Obama sat down with YouTube sensation GloZell Green – she of the bathing in Froot Loops and the cinnamon challenge – to discuss issues ranging from SportsCenter (Obama’s favorite pastime) to the “po-po” (GloZell’s terminology). The same day, the White House announced that it would not be hosting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after Netanyahu accepted an invitation from Speaker of the House John Boehner to address a joint session of Congress.
On Tuesday, Republican Senator Joni Ernst, a Tea Party favorite, used her State of the Union response to completely ignore President Obama’s executive amnesty. On Wednesday, Republican Renee Ellmers, a Tea Party favorite, undercut legislation that would have effectively banned late-term abortion after 20 weeks – five months.
On Tuesday, President Barack Obama gave his completely non-awaited State of the Union address.
On Monday, actor Seth Rogen tweeted out his rage over the success of the patriotic Clint Eastwood flick American Sniper, based on the life of Chris Kyle. “American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds,” he wrote.
On Friday, the Supreme Court announced that it would at long last settle the issue of same-sex marriage across the country, answering whether the Constitution of the United States had magically grown a right to marry members of one's own sex.
With Republicans in Congress split over the best approach to President Obama’s executive amnesty – and with many establishment Republicans splitting from grassroots Republicans on the issue of illegal immigration more generally – it’s clear that immigration will be a hot-button primary issue in 2016.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Whitewashing savagery: Al-Jazeera English bans use of ‘terrorist’ for mass killers29 Jan 2015, 3:41 PM PDT
- Hillary retreats deeper into cocoon29 Jan 2015, 8:59 AM PDT
- McCain rips protesters during Kissinger hearing, calls them ‘low-life scum’29 Jan 2015, 8:21 AM PDT
- Federal judge blasts DOJ lawyers in case of Fast & Furious whistle-blower29 Jan 2015, 7:44 AM PDT
- Origami condom inventor has to pay back taxpayer funds29 Jan 2015, 6:44 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Comcast says sorry for changing customer’s name to ‘A—hole Brown’29 Jan 2015, 8:26 AM PDT
- From hunter to hunted: The rise and fall of famed treasure sleuth Tommy Thompson29 Jan 2015, 7:50 AM PDT
- Signed contracts to buy homes slide 3.7 percent in December, despite lower mortgage rates29 Jan 2015, 7:20 AM PDT
- Arson not suspected after blaze tears through San Francisco building, killing 1 and hurting 629 Jan 2015, 7:19 AM PDT
- Official in rural Virginia calls black reporter 'boy' at public meeting, later apologizes29 Jan 2015, 6:49 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Magic aim to continue home dominance of Bucks29 Jan 2015, 8:24 AM PDT
- Utes take aim at Bruins in Pac-12 tilt29 Jan 2015, 8:24 AM PDT
- Wiesberger holds early advantage in Dubai29 Jan 2015, 8:24 AM PDT
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs29 Jan 2015, 8:23 AM PDT
- Terps take on Buckeyes in Big Ten battle29 Jan 2015, 8:23 AM PDT