Many Republicans tossed softball questions at Lynch throughout her confirmation hearing. Nonetheless, Lynch demurred from answering over and over again, abiding by the new rule that nominees must avoid giving honest answers lest they be held accountable for those answers.
On Monday, Hank Green, one of the YouTube viral video stars chosen to interview President Obama after the State of the Union address, wrote what millions of Americans have said for a week: “Bethany Mota, Glozell Green, and I got an opportunity that a lot of people don’t think we deserved.”
According to the pundits, this weekend’s Iowa Freedom Summit recalibrated the Republican presidential field. The summit, run by archconservative Rep. Steve King (R-IA), drew candidates from across the spectrum – and shook up the widespread perceptions of frontrunners versus also-rans. Here are the weekend’s big winners and losers.
On Thursday, President Barack Obama sat down with YouTube sensation GloZell Green – she of the bathing in Froot Loops and the cinnamon challenge – to discuss issues ranging from SportsCenter (Obama’s favorite pastime) to the “po-po” (GloZell’s terminology). The same day, the White House announced that it would not be hosting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after Netanyahu accepted an invitation from Speaker of the House John Boehner to address a joint session of Congress.
On Tuesday, Republican Senator Joni Ernst, a Tea Party favorite, used her State of the Union response to completely ignore President Obama’s executive amnesty. On Wednesday, Republican Renee Ellmers, a Tea Party favorite, undercut legislation that would have effectively banned late-term abortion after 20 weeks – five months.
On Tuesday, President Barack Obama gave his completely non-awaited State of the Union address.
On Monday, actor Seth Rogen tweeted out his rage over the success of the patriotic Clint Eastwood flick American Sniper, based on the life of Chris Kyle. “American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds,” he wrote.
On Friday, the Supreme Court announced that it would at long last settle the issue of same-sex marriage across the country, answering whether the Constitution of the United States had magically grown a right to marry members of one's own sex.
With Republicans in Congress split over the best approach to President Obama’s executive amnesty – and with many establishment Republicans splitting from grassroots Republicans on the issue of illegal immigration more generally – it’s clear that immigration will be a hot-button primary issue in 2016.
The Charlie Hebdo terrorists didn’t commit an act of terror, go out for a scotch, and then fix on an Islamic excuse. They shouted “Allahu Akhbar” and “we have avenged the prophet Mohammed” between firing rounds at innocent people. So either they were extremely quick thinkers on their feet, or they had an actual settled ideology motivating them to murder innocent people.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Romney takes aim at Clinton in Mississippi speech29 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Paul hits potential 2016 presidential nominees in tweet28 Jan 2015, 8:12 PM PDT
- Boehner confirms lawsuit against Obama, defends Netanyahu invitation28 Jan 2015, 3:49 PM PDT
- Colorado to California: Hands off our water28 Jan 2015, 3:47 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: 47 percent say Obama downplays threat from Islamic terrorists28 Jan 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Deadly Maryland mansion fire was fueled by Christmas tree, authorities say29 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- San Francisco police find suitcase filled with dismembered body parts29 Jan 2015, 12:40 AM PDT
- Military judge weighs arguments over restrictions on female guards at Guantanamo prison29 Jan 2015, 12:31 AM PDT
- Pennsylvania State Police barracks ambush suspect due to enter plea28 Jan 2015, 11:45 PM PDT
- Venezuelan hedge fund manager to learn sentence for massive Connecticut fraud scheme28 Jan 2015, 11:15 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Suns outlast pesky Wizards29 Jan 2015, 12:18 AM PDT
- Kings rally past Blackhawks29 Jan 2015, 12:01 AM PDT
- Clippers grind out win over Jazz28 Jan 2015, 11:53 PM PDT
- No. 9 Kansas holds off TCU28 Jan 2015, 11:51 PM PDT
- Broncos bring back Phillips as defensive coordinator28 Jan 2015, 11:49 PM PDT