California’s commercial and industrial energy costs are about 37% higher than the national average in the continental United States due to Governor Brown’s 33% sustainable energy mandate. And with rates 41% to 46% higher in San Diego County than the national average, local investment and job growth are being hammered.
In a desperate attempt at relevance, President Barack Obama thought he could pay for two promised years of free community college tuition by eliminating the tax exemption on middle-class 529 college-savings accounts. Although the Administration argued that the 529 accounts disproportionately benefit higher-income families, disenfranchising 11.6 million accounts was seen as just short of a declaration of war on “the family.” This afternoon Obama dumped his tax plan.
Marissa Mayer appears to be gaining traction in a turnaround of an Internet pioneer that most of Wall Street thought would be impossible.
According to California state officials, it is a disaster that vehicles are getting better mileage. Heaven forbid that as the most impoverished state, Californians would pay lower state gas taxes for politicians to spend. To protect the Legislature’s slurp at
In a report entitled "Immigrants Tend to Live in High Welfare Benefit States," published on Jan. 26, 2015, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) determined that “the generous welfare benefits offered by some states have magnetic effects and alter the geographic sorting of immigrants in the United States"--attracting many to California.
On Sunday, the Center for Biological Diversity held a public forum at the San Jose City Hall to educate residents about what they believe are the dangers of so called oil-trains. According to the Center, tar sands oil and heavy crudes that will be brought in from Canada are most toxic, carbon intensive and dirtiest fuels on the planet.
Cabernet sauvignon grapes from California’s Napa Valley have been among the most prized on earth for fine wine, justifying the cost per bottle of $100 or more. But it seems that one of the area’s top master blenders for elite brands has been fooling
Insolvent Greece is at the center of the European Financial Crisis that has led to a 20 percent devaluation of the exchange rate of the euro against the U.S. dollar. Polls indicate that in parliamentary elections on Sunday, the main leftist and center-right parties will finish one and two.
The European Central Bank (ECB) gave the Left and their allies meeting in Davos, Switzerland, everything they could have hoped for with the announcement that they have agreed to print $1.13 trillion of new cash to buy the national debt of their insolvent members. But “hidden within the announcement is evidence of Germany's weakening commitment to the European project,” according to Stratfor.
Apple, Google, Adobe and Intel, whose politics are often to the far left, have agreed to pay $415 million to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging they conspired as an illegal cartel to suppress tech workers’ wages through secret “non-poaching” agreements involving 64,000 employees.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Boehner confirms lawsuit against Obama, defends Netanyahu invitation28 Jan 2015, 3:49 PM PDT
- Colorado to California: Hands off our water28 Jan 2015, 3:47 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: 47 percent say Obama downplays threat from Islamic terrorists28 Jan 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
- Washington state Dems reject national education standards known as Common Core28 Jan 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- Obama calls Hagel a 'true American patriot' at farewell ceremony28 Jan 2015, 2:59 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Officials confirm first sighting of Sierra Nevada red fox in Yosemite in nearly 100 years28 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- Pentagon Unveils Program to Help Build 6th Generation Fighter28 Jan 2015, 3:41 PM PDT
- Judge orders state to return tigers, lion hours after they're seized at Ohio animal sanctuary28 Jan 2015, 3:16 PM PDT
- US Coast Guard rescues 2 American boaters stranded on tiny uninhabited island in Bahamas28 Jan 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
- Arkansas education board votes to take over Little Rock School District after poor test scores28 Jan 2015, 3:01 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- LeBron James out with sprained wrist28 Jan 2015, 5:11 PM PDT
- Lakers' Bryant undergoes season-ending shoulder surgery28 Jan 2015, 4:57 PM PDT
- New challenges lurking in Phoenix Open at renovated TPC Scottsdale28 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- Angels, Freese avoid arbitration28 Jan 2015, 3:42 PM PDT
- Kings take Toffoli off IR28 Jan 2015, 3:39 PM PDT