Newsweek never recovered from withholding the publication of investigative reporter Michael Isikoff’s expose of an alleged sexual relationship between President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky in early January 1998. But 17 years later, and two sales of the magazine for $1 each time, the new owners
After Apple (AAPL) reported that it had sold $74.6 billion in products and earned a record corporate profit of $18.04 billion profit in a single quarter, Samsung Electronics admitted Thursday that much of Apple’s gain came at its expense. Korea’s former corporate juggernaut reported its lowest annual profit since 2011, with a 32% drop in quarterly profit, to $21.3 billion.
The ultimate professional insult to a CEO is to be fired and then watch your former company’s stock jump 3.5% on the announcement. That was the story for Don Thompson, who was dumped by McDonald's Corporation (MCD) late Wednesday.
Apple (AAPL: NASDAQ) may have printed the largest quarterly earnings in the history of capitalism, but the smartphone market is moving against the future of the Apple iPhone as Google's Android operating system software gains market domination.
California’s commercial and industrial energy costs are about 37% higher than the national average in the continental United States due to Governor Brown’s 33% sustainable energy mandate. And with rates 41% to 46% higher in San Diego County than the national average, local investment and job growth are being hammered.
In a desperate attempt at relevance, President Barack Obama thought he could pay for two promised years of free community college tuition by eliminating the tax exemption on middle-class 529 college-savings accounts. Although the Administration argued that the 529 accounts disproportionately benefit higher-income families, disenfranchising 11.6 million accounts was seen as just short of a declaration of war on “the family.” This afternoon Obama dumped his tax plan.
Marissa Mayer appears to be gaining traction in a turnaround of an Internet pioneer that most of Wall Street thought would be impossible.
According to California state officials, it is a disaster that vehicles are getting better mileage. Heaven forbid that as the most impoverished state, Californians would pay lower state gas taxes for politicians to spend. To protect the Legislature’s slurp at
In a report entitled "Immigrants Tend to Live in High Welfare Benefit States," published on Jan. 26, 2015, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) determined that “the generous welfare benefits offered by some states have magnetic effects and alter the geographic sorting of immigrants in the United States"--attracting many to California.
On Sunday, the Center for Biological Diversity held a public forum at the San Jose City Hall to educate residents about what they believe are the dangers of so called oil-trains. According to the Center, tar sands oil and heavy crudes that will be brought in from Canada are most toxic, carbon intensive and dirtiest fuels on the planet.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Obama upbeat about Congress' response to his budget, suggests potential NFL policy change after 'Deflategate'1 Feb 2015, 3:12 PM PDT
- In new budget, Obama proposing 14 percent tax on overseas profits to fund infrastructure projects1 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM PDT
- Walker, eyeing 2016 White House bid, says he's open to sending US troops to fight ISIS1 Feb 2015, 10:18 AM PDT
- Scott Walker surging in new Iowa poll1 Feb 2015, 9:26 AM PDT
- More states look to expand Medicaid1 Feb 2015, 9:19 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Jury selection postponed Monday in Boston Marathon bombing trial because of snowstorm1 Feb 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
- Goats offered as alternative to burn at Rocky Flats wildlife refuge, which has plutonium1 Feb 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Police find body believed to be of Arkansas nursing student who disappeared 1 Feb 2015, 1:30 PM PDT
- San Francisco experiences driest January on record with no measurable rainfall1 Feb 2015, 1:00 PM PDT
- Texas governor declares Feb. 2 'Chris Kyle Day' 1 Feb 2015, 12:45 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Lyon held to draw against Monaco1 Feb 2015, 3:17 PM PDT
- Florida State knocks off rival Miami1 Feb 2015, 3:17 PM PDT
- Messi's strike sees Barca edge Villarreal1 Feb 2015, 3:08 PM PDT
- Goggin wins second Panama title1 Feb 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Domingue leads Coyotes over Habs in first NHL start1 Feb 2015, 3:06 PM PDT