On Sunday, the Center for Biological Diversity held a public forum at the San Jose City Hall to educate residents about what they believe are the dangers of so called oil-trains. According to the Center, tar sands oil and heavy crudes that will be brought in from Canada are most toxic, carbon intensive and dirtiest fuels on the planet.
Cabernet sauvignon grapes from California’s Napa Valley have been among the most prized on earth for fine wine, justifying the cost per bottle of $100 or more. But it seems that one of the area’s top master blenders for elite brands has been fooling
Insolvent Greece is at the center of the European Financial Crisis that has led to a 20 percent devaluation of the exchange rate of the euro against the U.S. dollar. Polls indicate that in parliamentary elections on Sunday, the main leftist and center-right parties will finish one and two.
The European Central Bank (ECB) gave the Left and their allies meeting in Davos, Switzerland, everything they could have hoped for with the announcement that they have agreed to print $1.13 trillion of new cash to buy the national debt of their insolvent members. But “hidden within the announcement is evidence of Germany's weakening commitment to the European project,” according to Stratfor.
Apple, Google, Adobe and Intel, whose politics are often to the far left, have agreed to pay $415 million to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging they conspired as an illegal cartel to suppress tech workers’ wages through secret “non-poaching” agreements involving 64,000 employees.
Eric Schmidt told the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland this week that "the Internet will disappear.” As he was speaking, The Information, The Verge and the Wall Street Journal reported that Google plans to run a new wireless service that resells the wireless services it already buys wholesale from the Sprint and T-Mobile networks. Google, Sprint and T-Mobile all declined to confirm or deny the reports.
Facebook intends to use this knowledge to develop algorithms that can “scalably” silence what it deems to be “noise” in users’ accounts. But what they are really after is to hide un-paid crap, to free up more user space for the good Facebook-paid crap.
President Barack Obama in his State of the Union speech said, “The verdict is clear, middle class economics works.” Obama said lots of words about how the U.S. economy has improved, but he avoided the “numbers” regarding how or if that improvement had reached the middle class. If the president had used the “numbers,” he would have to explain why real middle class paychecks hit a 50 year low on his watch.
Despite California having the largest manufacturing base in the nation, the state is growing high-paying manufacturing jobs at only one seventh of the U.S. average. The culprit in this debacle is Governor Brown’s wildly expensive alternative energy mandates that stab industrial manufacturers with electrical costs that are about double the U.S. average.
China’s Shanghai futures market crashed by the maximum 10 percent, and trading was suspended on January 19th, while Shanghai Composite Index fell by 7.7 percent. Both events were the worst day of trading since shortly after the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy launched the financial crisis six years ago.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Benghazi Select Committee leaders spar over witness interviews26 Jan 2015, 6:45 PM PDT
- Justice Department working on national car-tracking database26 Jan 2015, 5:45 PM PDT
- Keystone bill fails to clear Senate hurdle, debate drags on26 Jan 2015, 5:31 PM PDT
- Senate Minority Leader Reid recovering from surgery on eye Monday26 Jan 2015, 3:54 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Gunman killed after shooting 2 officers at Minnesota city hall26 Jan 2015, 10:27 PM PDT
- Police shoot Denver teen who struck officer with stolen car26 Jan 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Drug cases in Texas help lead to record number of exonerations in US in 201426 Jan 2015, 10:01 PM PDT
- Pennsylvania couple charged with child endangerment after pet ferrets chew off baby's nose26 Jan 2015, 8:30 PM PDT
- 4 sentenced to prison for shakedown scheme that involved phony kidnap claims26 Jan 2015, 7:01 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- NFL's deflated footballs investigation reportedly focuses on Patriots locker room attendant27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Tar Heels finish strong to take down Syracuse26 Jan 2015, 10:16 PM PDT
- Big first half leads Celtics over Jazz26 Jan 2015, 9:56 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules26 Jan 2015, 9:47 PM PDT
- Grizzlies hold off Magic26 Jan 2015, 9:44 PM PDT