In a breathless, Drudge Report-linked headline, the Washington Post reported last week that the “Majority of U.S. public school students are in poverty.” A Huffington Post piece by Rebecca Klein, published 12 minutes earlier, sported a similar headline, “More Than Half Of American Schoolchildren Now Live In Poverty.” The only problem with these headlines, and the stories beneath them, is that they aren't true—not even close.
As a general rule, conservatively-run states have a far lower cost of living than do liberal states and this lower cost of living greatly benefits the people who pay rent, buy food, and contract for service -- a fact that is frequently glossed over by partisans who favor larger government as well as many analysts.
AUSTIN, Texas -- One of the greatest and most consistent challenges for any elected official is resisting the powerful urge to "do something" with political power. Free markets are self-organizing, decentralized, and seemingly chaotic to the outside observer.
AUSTIN, Texas–An article entitled, “He’ll mess with Texas: Recruiting expert says state ‘has to buy jobs,'” appeared in the Austin Business Journal on July 9 and appeared across the nation in the BizJournals.com family. The piece managed to insult both
Another business climate survey was just released, and, in what won’t be a shock for regular Breitbart readers, it assigns Texas a grade of A+ for small business friendliness with California netting an F. What makes this survey unique is
“Think tank…” For the average American, the phrase likely conjures up a range of thoughts, from a vague wrinkle of the brow to a silent muse lines along the lines of a classic Jerry Seinfeld sketch, “It’s a tank. To
As with many federal accounts, the Highway Trust Fund is running on empty. Refilled with the 18.4-cent per gallon gas tax and disbursed by politicians and bureaucrats in Washington, the federal highway fund faces a $63 billion shortfall through 2018. Texas
State governments enjoy widely varying levels of trust, that’s the finding of a new Gallup poll summarized by Breitbart’s Joel B. Pollak on April 7. Illinois rests at the bottom of the trust heap with a trust deficit of 42
State governments enjoy widely varying levels of trust. That’s the finding of a new Gallup poll summarized by Breitbart’s Joel B. Pollak on April 7. Illinois rests at the bottom of the trust heap with a trust deficit of 42
America’s biggest state is now getting its own Breitbart page. Or is it its second, counting Big Hollywood? Or its third, given Big Government’s content? If California is to make its way back to more liberty and less government–and America
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Christie aims to build foreign policy resume with trip to Britain1 Feb 2015, 1:39 AM PDT
- Confirmation hearings set to begin for Carter as next defense secretary amid daunting global challenges31 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- GOP House to vote next week to repeal ObamaCare, after attacking law piece by piece31 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- From Henry David Thoreau to Henry Kissinger and Code Pink, civil disobedience has a history in US politics31 Jan 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Veto, filibuster threats ahead of vote next week to fund Homeland Security, roll back executive actions31 Jan 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Washington state man pays more than $18,000 in tolls1 Feb 2015, 1:52 AM PDT
- 7-alarm fire destroys Brooklyn warehouse, 1 injured1 Feb 2015, 12:34 AM PDT
- 2 climbers rescued off Mount Hood after fall31 Jan 2015, 11:31 PM PDT
- US prosecutors: New spy case shows Russia up to old tricks but targeting US economy this time31 Jan 2015, 11:15 PM PDT
- Suspicious package left at New York bus station contained 1,000 condoms31 Jan 2015, 11:10 PM PDT