To honor National School Choice Week, Louisiana U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) announced Monday that he has introduced the Local Control of Education Act, a measure that would ban the federal government from mandating the adoption of specific standards—such as the Common Core standards—as well as curriculum and assessments.
Responding to pro-abortion House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s statement last week that she had “great standing” to speak about the issue of abortion because she is a “Catholic and a mom of five,” San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said that “no Catholic can dissent in good conscience” from the Church’s teaching on the sanctity of human life.
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that potential 2016 presidential hopeful Gov. Mike Pence (R) plans to launch a state-run news site that will “offer pre-written articles to Indiana news outlets, as well as sometimes break news stories about his administration.”
A new study published in the Journal of Public Economics and discussed in a press release at the Harvard Kennedy School provides the first observed estimates on the long-term impact of school voucher programs that allow parents to choose the education setting of their children. Vouchers were found to be particularly beneficial to low-income, minority students.
The Mississippi State House has approved a bill that would remove the name “Common Core” from the state’s academic standards, but not replace the actual standards themselves.
At the Iowa Freedom Summit, Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) let Republican voters know that the Common Core standards are a huge electoral issue for the 2016 presidential election – and that he’s anxious they’ll remember his support for the controversial education reform initiative.
In his speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit over the weekend, Donald Trump blasted the idea of both Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush as potential GOP presidential candidates in 2016.
More than 2,300 high school and college students attended the Students for Life Conference in the Washington D.C. area on Friday, the day after they were among half a million people who demonstrated peacefully for the rights of unborn children on the national mall in the annual March for Life.
Exclusive: Conservative Professor Robert George States Renee Ellmers Should Be ‘Subjected To Strong Primary Challenge’
In an exclusive interview with conservative and Christian advocate Professor Robert George at the Students for Life conference Friday, George told Breitbart News the recent failure of the House Republican leadership to pass the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act was nothing less than “a tragedy.”
In the continuing saga of the failure of House Republican leadership to pass a bill that would ban late-term abortions in the United States after the fifth month of pregnancy, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who has sponsored the bill in the Senate, now says the measure should not move ahead without changes to language about rape.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Walker forms political committee, says he's 'very interested' in 2016 bid28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Judge refuses to toss Rick Perry abuse-of-power case on constitutional grounds 27 Jan 2015, 5:10 PM PDT
- House GOP to hold first ObamaCare repeal vote of new Congress27 Jan 2015, 5:00 PM PDT
- Obama drops plan to end tax breaks for popular college savings accounts27 Jan 2015, 4:02 PM PDT
- Senate to start AG confirmation hearings on Lynch, with immigration, IRS questions expected27 Jan 2015, 3:22 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Police say Utah family found dead last fall overdosed on drugs, parents feared apocalypse28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- 'Rent Too High' candidate facing eviction27 Jan 2015, 9:05 PM PDT
- Jury convicts 2 ex-Vanderbilt players of raping woman 27 Jan 2015, 4:19 PM PDT
- Ex-California Highway Patrol officer sentenced to probation for sharing suspect's nude photos27 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
- Chairman Says Congress Wary of Military Pay and Benefit Cuts27 Jan 2015, 4:06 PM PDT