Democrat Party leaders in the state of Washington have condemned the Common Core standards in a new resolution, one that is similar to a resolution passed by Washington State Republicans last year.
Traditional Media Must Work: Gov. Pence Kills State-Run ‘News’ Site, Says He Read About It In The Papers
Traditional journalism outlets apparently work, since they are how Indiana Governor Mike Pence says he learned about his administration's plan to launch a "news" site of its own. The site, to be called "Just IN," has been shelved.
American Federation of Teachers Head: School Choice Helps ‘Spread Teaching of Junk Creationist Science’
With National School Choice Week underway in the United States, Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), tweeted out her disdain for school choice vouchers for private schools with a link to a piece written at MSNBC by Zack Kopplin two years ago.
Four middle school students in Wisconsin have been arrested and are facing sexual assault charges after a report that they recorded their “sex party” on their phones.
Economist and author Thomas Sowell has a way of very succinctly articulating profound truths. The Cato Institute tweeted one such nugget as the country celebrates National School Choice Week
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), a potential 2016 presidential candidate, is walking back Monday’s report in the Indianapolis Star that he is launching a taxpayer-funded, state-run “news” site.
To honor National School Choice Week, Louisiana U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) announced Monday that he has introduced the Local Control of Education Act, a measure that would ban the federal government from mandating the adoption of specific standards—such as the Common Core standards—as well as curriculum and assessments.
Responding to pro-abortion House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s statement last week that she had “great standing” to speak about the issue of abortion because she is a “Catholic and a mom of five,” San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said that “no Catholic can dissent in good conscience” from the Church’s teaching on the sanctity of human life.
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that potential 2016 presidential hopeful Gov. Mike Pence (R) plans to launch a state-run news site that will “offer pre-written articles to Indiana news outlets, as well as sometimes break news stories about his administration.”
A new study published in the Journal of Public Economics and discussed in a press release at the Harvard Kennedy School provides the first observed estimates on the long-term impact of school voucher programs that allow parents to choose the education setting of their children. Vouchers were found to be particularly beneficial to low-income, minority students.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Dalai Lama, Obama reportedly to appear together in public for first time30 Jan 2015, 10:22 AM PDT
- David Duke considers run against Scalise30 Jan 2015, 10:10 AM PDT
- Romney announces he will not run for president in 201630 Jan 2015, 8:10 AM PDT
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in fourth quarter30 Jan 2015, 7:40 AM PDT
- Lousy lingo traps White House on Islamists30 Jan 2015, 6:47 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Texas councilman draws outrage over Hitler video spoof30 Jan 2015, 10:56 AM PDT
- Sons of woman who died on smoke-filled DC subway sue Metro transit agency for $50 million30 Jan 2015, 10:47 AM PDT
- No baloney: Ohio couple report burglar took time to feed dog bologna, make coffee and smoke30 Jan 2015, 10:33 AM PDT
- Michigan Lottery drawings have some people seeing double30 Jan 2015, 10:26 AM PDT
- Prospective juror has sympathy for Tsarnaev, says maybe 'he just made a really big mistake'30 Jan 2015, 10:16 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Marathon champ Jeptoo banned 2 years for doping30 Jan 2015, 11:04 AM PDT
- Nothin' but Net: Explaining All-Star snubs30 Jan 2015, 10:57 AM PDT
- Family says Chicago Blackhawks Hall of Famer Stan Mikita diagnosed with Lewy body dementia30 Jan 2015, 10:53 AM PDT
- Kings give Miller another 10-day deal30 Jan 2015, 10:39 AM PDT
- Sinclair heads to Villa on loan30 Jan 2015, 10:31 AM PDT