Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), a potential 2016 presidential candidate, is walking back Monday’s report in the Indianapolis Star that he is launching a taxpayer-funded, state-run “news” site.
To honor National School Choice Week, Louisiana U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) announced Monday that he has introduced the Local Control of Education Act, a measure that would ban the federal government from mandating the adoption of specific standards—such as the Common Core standards—as well as curriculum and assessments.
Responding to pro-abortion House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s statement last week that she had “great standing” to speak about the issue of abortion because she is a “Catholic and a mom of five,” San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said that “no Catholic can dissent in good conscience” from the Church’s teaching on the sanctity of human life.
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that potential 2016 presidential hopeful Gov. Mike Pence (R) plans to launch a state-run news site that will “offer pre-written articles to Indiana news outlets, as well as sometimes break news stories about his administration.”
A new study published in the Journal of Public Economics and discussed in a press release at the Harvard Kennedy School provides the first observed estimates on the long-term impact of school voucher programs that allow parents to choose the education setting of their children. Vouchers were found to be particularly beneficial to low-income, minority students.
The Mississippi State House has approved a bill that would remove the name “Common Core” from the state’s academic standards, but not replace the actual standards themselves.
At the Iowa Freedom Summit, Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) let Republican voters know that the Common Core standards are a huge electoral issue for the 2016 presidential election – and that he’s anxious they’ll remember his support for the controversial education reform initiative.
In his speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit over the weekend, Donald Trump blasted the idea of both Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush as potential GOP presidential candidates in 2016.
More than 2,300 high school and college students attended the Students for Life Conference in the Washington D.C. area on Friday, the day after they were among half a million people who demonstrated peacefully for the rights of unborn children on the national mall in the annual March for Life.
Exclusive: Conservative Professor Robert George States Renee Ellmers Should Be ‘Subjected To Strong Primary Challenge’
In an exclusive interview with conservative and Christian advocate Professor Robert George at the Students for Life conference Friday, George told Breitbart News the recent failure of the House Republican leadership to pass the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act was nothing less than “a tragedy.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Supreme Court halts 3 upcoming executions in Oklahoma28 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM PDT
- State Department ready to meet with special committee on Benghazi28 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
- Perry: Criminal case won't delay 2016 preparations28 Jan 2015, 11:35 AM PDT
- Walker calls for steep cuts to Wisconsin university system28 Jan 2015, 11:26 AM PDT
- Alabama pol threatens to out lawmakers' alleged affairs, over gay marriage criticism28 Jan 2015, 10:50 AM PDT
Fox News National
- S&P close to $1.37B settlement with US, states over pre-crisis ratings of risky mortgage bonds28 Jan 2015, 12:32 PM PDT
- Ex-Stanford swimmer charged with rape on campus28 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM PDT
- Irish police officer shot during New Orleans vacation, adding tension to this Carnival season28 Jan 2015, 12:02 PM PDT
- Mystery man shovels Boston Marathon finish line during blizzard28 Jan 2015, 11:48 AM PDT
- Feds issue new policy for snowmobiles in national forests following backcountry skier lawsuit28 Jan 2015, 11:32 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Wiggins, Carter-Williams highlight Rising Stars rosters28 Jan 2015, 1:27 PM PDT
- Arsenal completes Gabriel capture28 Jan 2015, 1:15 PM PDT
- White Sox bring back Gordon Beckham28 Jan 2015, 1:08 PM PDT
- Isles' Clutterbuck fined for diving/embellishment28 Jan 2015, 12:48 PM PDT
- Red Bulls acquire Kljestan from Anderlecht28 Jan 2015, 12:43 PM PDT