Among participants of a 2013 study by the pro-abortion rights Guttmacher Institute, however, rape was not listed at all among the reasons why women seek late-term abortions.
House Republicans have withdrawn a controversial bill that would have reauthorized the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law after both conservatives and liberals came out against it.
The chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Communications Committee has welcomed the vote by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow the government to take control over the Internet.
On Thursday, Gov. Chris Christie admitted he adopted Common Core standards because his state needed the federal funds in exchange for signing onto the unpopular education reform.
Conservatives at CPAC 2015 cheered and gave a standing ovation to Carly Fiorina as she aggressively called out presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton for using Twitter as a means to campaign while hiding from challenges to her dismal record as a former Secretary of State.
In a panel discussion at CPAC Thursday, American Principles in Action (APIA) education director Emmett McGroarty debunked pro-Common Core talking points and made the claim that a Republican presidential nominee who supports Common Core would essentially be “unelectable” against Hillary Clinton in the general election.
A column in the Washington Post Wednesday observes that opponents of the Common Core standards continue to brave obstacles in their efforts to repeal the unpopular initiative.
A county judge has ruled that Missouri’s membership fees to the federally funded Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) is unconstitutional under the Compact Clause of the U.S. Constitution as well as under “state and federal law.”
As expected, President Obama is threatening to veto a House Republican bill that would reform the No Child Left Behind law.
Grassroots organizers and conservative groups posted an action alert on a bill that will likely be voted on this week in the House that would reauthorize the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law. The activists say HR5, known as the “Student Success Act,” will “denigrate parental rights and seize state sovereignty.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Feds mark Chicago's Pullman neighborhood for rich history 28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- US rethinking plan to retake Mosul from ISIS28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Reports of possible deal on DHS funding reignites chatter about Boehner ouster28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Rubio calls Venezuela ban 'a badge of honor'28 Feb 2015, 8:02 PM PDT
- Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll28 Feb 2015, 3:12 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Completely blind dog returned to owner after 2 weeks in frigid weather28 Feb 2015, 11:29 PM PDT
- South Florida police chief uses job pressure as catalyst for arrest28 Feb 2015, 11:11 PM PDT
- Navy recognizes tribe's connection to California island; will turn over remains, sacred items28 Feb 2015, 10:45 PM PDT
- 2 shot at T.I., Young Jeezy party in North Carolina club28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide 28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT