Though Republican Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona ran as a candidate opposed to the Common Core standards in 2014, he claims a bill that would abolish the controversial initiative in his state is not “necessary” and wants, instead, to “fix” the standards.
A coalition of 34,000 black churches has cut its ties with Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) in the wake of its recent vote to approve same-sex marriage.
A grassroots group of education activists in North Carolina has created an alternative to what they call the “failed Common Core standards.” According to team leader Jerry Egolf of the North Carolina Academic Freedom Alliance, the North Carolina Plan is
Despite threats from some school officials, more parents are opting to take their children out of the online tests associated with the Common Core standards that have been created by two federally funded interstate consortia.
Potential 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush has made it clear that he will continue his support for the controversial Common Core standards initiative, despite the fact that the conservative base of the GOP is overwhelmingly opposed to it. His education foundation, in fact, is offering online courses for policy-makers focusing on how to promote the idea that the standards are necessary for national security, why data collection is essential, and how to win over parents, teachers, and citizens in the education reform conversation.
The U.S. Senate passed an amendment Thursday that bans the federal government from coercing or incentivizing states to adopt specific academic standards, curriculum, or assessments, including those associated with the controversial Common Core standards.
According to the U.S. Department of Education (USED), while 75 percent of the fastest-growing careers require post-high school education and training, more than half of middle class students who start college fail to earn a bachelor’s degree within six to eight years.
Two new studies suggest that any positive impact from the Common Core standards on students’ academic progress may either be negligible or indeterminable for years to come.
A newly released Government Accountability Office (GAO) report confirms that Planned Parenthood Federation of America and five other groups are using taxpayer funds to advocate for abortions as “reproductive health care.”
Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore joined with an African-American pastors coalition and other conservative leaders Monday to defend the Texas constitutional ban against same-sex marriage.
More military parents are choosing homeschooling as an alternative to the in-school environment, even as Common Core supporters tout supposed significant benefits of the nationalized standards particularly for these on-the-move families.
Charlottesville, Virginia police said Monday they had no evidence of the occurrence of a gang rape of a University of Virginia student that was described in detail in Rolling Stone last November.
Two Maryland tenth-grade students have been accused of using Twitter to cheat on Common Core-aligned tests.
Conservative leaders are frustrated with Gov. Scott Walker’s lack of commitment to full repeal of the Common Core standards. Here's a full review of his tenure, and the steps he's taken during those years.
Senate Democrats filibustered a sex trafficking bill this week—one they put their full support behind the week before—when major abortion industry groups suddenly discovered the bill would cause taxpayer funding of abortion to be at risk.
The Arizona Senate Education Committee passed a measure on Thursday, by a vote of 5-2, that would repeal the Common Core standards in that state.
Republican 2016 hopeful Gov. Scott Walker (WI) is headlining a Leadership Series event for the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry on March 25 at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) unveiled a plan Wednesday that purports to eliminate the Common Core standards from his state.
Painting Featuring Mother Teresa and Margaret Sanger Fires Up Town Over Freedoms of Speech and Religion
A painting on display in Trumbull, Connecticut, that depicts an image of Mother Teresa with Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, and abortion proponent Gloria Steinem has been the subject of much controversy over issues of freedom of speech and religion.
A year after the Obama administration issued new school discipline policies based on the concern that students of color are “disproportionately impacted” by suspensions and expulsions, a journalist proposes the liberal policies--based in social justice ideology--are making schools less safe.
Among the news items at the radical Zinn Education Project this month is a post highlighting the work of Alison Kysia, author of “A People’s History of Muslims in the United States: What School Textbooks and the Media Miss,” part
The superintendent of the Watchung Hills Regional High School District in New Jersey has confirmed that she sent an email to fellow superintendents Tuesday about her concern that education publishing giant Pearson is “monitoring” children’s social media accounts for possible
Jeb Bush is staunchly defending his support for the controversial Common Core standards. In New Hampshire, the former Florida governor touted his persistence and “backbone” to a Nashua Chamber of Commerce business roundtable.
Somali-born free speech and women’s rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali gave the keynote address at a sold-out event in Boston Wednesday that centered on rising anti-Semitism on college campuses in North America.
Some "new" school standards in South Carolina look very similar to the Common Core standards parents would like to get rid of.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Harry Reid, partisan brawler, gets pattycake treatment from the press30 Mar 2015, 4:25 PM PDT
- Rubio to announce whether he'll join 2016 race on April 1330 Mar 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
- Local archdiocese has grave concerns over NJ ban on headstone sales 30 Mar 2015, 1:17 PM PDT
- Hotel for Michelle Obama’s Cambodia visit cost $242,50030 Mar 2015, 1:03 PM PDT
- Ex-Gov. Sununu sees worrying signs from White House as deadline for Iran nuclear deal nears30 Mar 2015, 11:44 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Carter backs Arab League's announced plan to create joint Arab military force30 Mar 2015, 3:21 PM PDT
- Bookkeeper, armored vehicle driver accused of stealing $100,000 from brothel in rural Nevada30 Mar 2015, 3:11 PM PDT
- Colorado theater shooting prosecutors: Unbiased jury possible in county where attack happened30 Mar 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Parents of Colorado theater shooting suspect pray for victims, still hope for plea deal30 Mar 2015, 2:53 PM PDT
- Lawyer: Mumia Abu-Jamal hospitalized in critical care unit but prison officials won't say why30 Mar 2015, 2:50 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Butler gives Holtmann contract extension30 Mar 2015, 3:17 PM PDT
- IN THE PITS: Montoya roars to an old-school victory but shows humility not seen before30 Mar 2015, 3:10 PM PDT
- Nashville Superspeedway deal delayed, but NeXovation to complete purchase within 60 days30 Mar 2015, 2:38 PM PDT
- Raiders bring back DL Wilson30 Mar 2015, 2:36 PM PDT
- Pitino says Harrell, Rozier to enter NBA Draft30 Mar 2015, 2:33 PM PDT