Among participants of a 2013 study by the pro-abortion rights Guttmacher Institute, however, rape was not listed at all among the reasons why women seek late-term abortions.
House Republicans have withdrawn a controversial bill that would have reauthorized the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law after both conservatives and liberals came out against it.
The chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Communications Committee has welcomed the vote by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow the government to take control over the Internet.
On Thursday, Gov. Chris Christie admitted he adopted Common Core standards because his state needed the federal funds in exchange for signing onto the unpopular education reform.
Conservatives at CPAC 2015 cheered and gave a standing ovation to Carly Fiorina as she aggressively called out presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton for using Twitter as a means to campaign while hiding from challenges to her dismal record as a former Secretary of State.
In a panel discussion at CPAC Thursday, American Principles in Action (APIA) education director Emmett McGroarty debunked pro-Common Core talking points and made the claim that a Republican presidential nominee who supports Common Core would essentially be “unelectable” against Hillary Clinton in the general election.
A column in the Washington Post Wednesday observes that opponents of the Common Core standards continue to brave obstacles in their efforts to repeal the unpopular initiative.
A county judge has ruled that Missouri’s membership fees to the federally funded Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) is unconstitutional under the Compact Clause of the U.S. Constitution as well as under “state and federal law.”
As expected, President Obama is threatening to veto a House Republican bill that would reform the No Child Left Behind law.
Grassroots organizers and conservative groups posted an action alert on a bill that will likely be voted on this week in the House that would reauthorize the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law. The activists say HR5, known as the “Student Success Act,” will “denigrate parental rights and seize state sovereignty.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- No DHS deal with Dems; Boehner's job safe, House Whip Scalise says1 Mar 2015, 9:03 AM PDT
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu heads to Washington to address Congress1 Mar 2015, 4:13 AM PDT
- California lawmakers seeking national monument designations for landscapes1 Mar 2015, 12:54 AM PDT
- Feds mark Chicago's Pullman neighborhood for rich history 28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Colleges using coffers for financial aid to illegal immigrants stirs debate on immigration reform28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Prayer pays: City fines pastor’s wife $150 for loud devotions1 Mar 2015, 8:51 AM PDT
- Phoenix pastor fatally shot in home burglary aided homeless, ex-inmates1 Mar 2015, 8:30 AM PDT
- Process of carving up $60 million from Penn State for anti-child abuse efforts gets underway1 Mar 2015, 8:17 AM PDT
- Teen killed, 2 others shot after Facebook quarrel moves to Alabama park1 Mar 2015, 8:10 AM PDT
- Florida boy, 2, is killed as SUV loaded with passengers overturns; driver charged with DUI1 Mar 2015, 7:32 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Former White Sox star Minnie Minoso dies1 Mar 2015, 9:24 AM PDT
- Stolen NASCAR race car found in suburban Atlanta 1 Mar 2015, 9:21 AM PDT
- Sullivan earns second win in South Africa1 Mar 2015, 8:52 AM PDT
- Hurricanes keep McClement with two-year extension1 Mar 2015, 8:50 AM PDT
- Badgers can claim Big Ten crown with win over Spartans1 Mar 2015, 8:38 AM PDT