This week's Girls is more evidence for my conspiracy theory that it's actually written by The Manosphere--that group of bloggers united against feminism and preaching the saving power of masculinity. Not once but twice in "Female Author" do we see male characters calling out the women leads for being foolish or fake, and instead of defying their patriarchal judgment, the girls respond in submission and reward the men for showing some backbone.
Breitbart News is providing live coverage of President Barack Obama’s 2015 State of the Union Address, with live updates during the President’s speech summarizing his remarks and capturing reactions from the Breitbart News team on Twitter. 11:00 PM EST: Live updates
The centerpiece of "Triggering" has a room full of Hannah Horvath's peers reciting various real-world critiques of Lena Dunham, sounding pretentious and shallow as they put her writing through the wringer. And yet, to her credit, Dunham balances it with even more self-effacing--depicting herself as thin-skinned, deceptive, selfish, and out of her depth.
HBO's Girls continues to walk a dichotomous tightrope: its sympathy for bubble-dwelling white Millennial princesses and its simultaneous recognition of the people who find their entitlement repulsive.
These are, in no particular order, songs that have stuck with me through the year, that still deliver strong feelings after listening to them hundreds of times—songs that have proven some level of longevity already.
According to People, the two chart toppers performed the "hands up, don't shoot" gesture popularized in protests over the death of Ferguson teenager Michael Brown as they celebrated Jay Z's 45th birthday in Iceland.
New York police held a press conference Sunday afternoon shedding further light on the murders of officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos on Saturday, revealing a troubled young man had driven from Maryland that morning and boasted to two men that
Most “Song of the Summer” lists give you fluffy, relaxing, free-spirited pop hits, but the discerning music fan understands that all the best songs are sad ones, and any season is perfect for the right downer. So here are a
Do You Wonder What Women Need for Valentine's Day? Let Renowned Romance Expert Nancy Pelosi Tell You What Women Need for Valentine's Day
Fellas, just face it: if you’re reading this, you’re going to be alone on Valentine’s Day. Don’t feel down; it’s good practice for when you die alone. What’s that? You’d rather not be alone? You’ve let society turn you into
Some Guy Brought a Confederate Flag to Atlanta's March for Life and the Associated Press Really Wants You to Know It
An older fellow named Alan Keck attended Wednesday’s March for Life in Atlanta, equipped with a Confederate flag, a pro-secession sign, and some impressive facial hair. Judging by the Associated Press’s images from that event, this guy was a bigger
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- From Henry David Thoreau to Henry Kissinger and Code Pink, civil disobedience has a history in US politics31 Jan 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Veto, filibuster threats ahead of vote next week to fund Homeland Security, roll back executive actions31 Jan 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Confirmation hearings set to begin for Carter as next defense secretary amid daunting global challenges31 Jan 2015, 11:46 AM PDT
- GOP House to vote next week to repeal ObamaCare, after attacking law piece by piece31 Jan 2015, 10:02 AM PDT
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event31 Jan 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Balloon pilots make history with trans-Pacific flight31 Jan 2015, 4:19 PM PDT
- Police search suspicious package at NYC bus station, find bag filled with 1,000 condoms31 Jan 2015, 1:15 PM PDT
- Trial ordered for Pennsylvania man in stepdaughter's alleged necrophilia killing31 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM PDT
- Washington man without a 'Good to Go' pass gets $18,000 bill for crossing toll bridge31 Jan 2015, 12:01 PM PDT
- Authorities: Traveler at New Jersey airport beats homeless man with chair, faces charges31 Jan 2015, 12:00 PM PDT