With the anniversary of the arrest of opposition party leader Leopoldo López approaching, the Venezuelan government has approved new legislation which would allow the Bolivarian National Guard to use "potentially lethal force" against protesters calling for the fully free exercise of the freedoms of expression and assembly.
The former head of security for Venezuela's Second in Command has defected to the United States, accused his old boss of running an international drug cartel, and now claims that deceased dictator Hugo Chávez Frías died months before the official announcement of his death, hidden from the public eye by current Venezuelan leaders who used his name to pass legislation convenient for them under Chávez's name.
Panicked Cubans concerned that President Obama's concessions to the Castro regime will lead to changes in refugee status conferred on those who escaped the island have triggered a dramatic increase in the influx of Cuban refugees in the past three months.
A court in Albuquerque has sentenced Pedro Leonardo Mascheroni, a U.S. physicist of Argentine descent, to five years in prison for attempting to sell an undercover FBI agent U.S. nuclear secrets, as well as promising a bomb that could severely impair functions in New York City.
New footage of a gruesome public beheading in a town square of al-Shadadi, a northern Syrian town controlled by the Islamic State, has hit the Internet. A man, whose crime is unknown, is seen pleading for his life to a crowd of dozens of onlookers before an Islamic State executioner severs his head to shouts of "Allahu Akbar!"
In a speech at a summit of Latin American nations this week, Cuban communist dictator Raúl Castro insisted that should the United States not gift Cuba the return of the Guantánamo Bay military base, further talks to normalize relations with the rogue island nation would yield little progress.
The former head of security for Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez and for current President of the National Assembly Diosdado Cabello has defected to the United States and plans on filing a formal complaint against Cabello for leading a drug smuggling ring.
Russian news agency Tass is being implicated in helping a group of Russian spies arrested this week make public financial information they gathered while posing as bankers in New York.
In what has become the first major foreign policy move by the far-left newly elected government of Greece, new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' office has denied that his country assented to a European Union statement released this week condemning Russia's further meddling in Ukraine.
The government of Venezuela, believed to be the most oil-rich nation in South America, is considering raising gas prices to keep the national economy afloat, though such a move could spark protests and unrest in a nation already rife with political tension.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event31 Jan 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
- Texas bill would allow teachers to use deadly force against students30 Jan 2015, 11:00 PM PDT
- 1,000 'criminal aliens' released by ICE committed new crimes, Grassley says30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Romney exit resets 2016 field, gives boost to Bush30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Juan Williams on Romney’s decision not to run in 2016: “Mitt, your time has passed”30 Jan 2015, 6:14 PM PDT
Fox News National
- 19th-century painting sold for $5,000 fetches $5.2M just over a year later31 Jan 2015, 5:41 AM PDT
- With Senate hearings nearing for next defense secretary, a pile of daunting challenges awaits31 Jan 2015, 5:30 AM PDT
- Women-only mosque opens in Los Angeles31 Jan 2015, 4:06 AM PDT
- 5 boaters rescued from sailboat after its mast broke 200 miles off North Carolina coast31 Jan 2015, 4:00 AM PDT
- 2 pilots break long distance balloon-traveling record31 Jan 2015, 3:35 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Coyotes seek to build off recent win in clash with Sens31 Jan 2015, 7:02 AM PDT
- Isles, Red Wings both aim to rebound in Detroit31 Jan 2015, 6:58 AM PDT
- Streaking Canadiens open homestand vs. Capitals31 Jan 2015, 6:55 AM PDT
- Bolelli and Fognini capture Australian Open men's doubles31 Jan 2015, 6:53 AM PDT
- Serena wins another Aussie crown31 Jan 2015, 6:40 AM PDT