With the anniversary of the arrest of opposition party leader Leopoldo López approaching, the Venezuelan government has approved new legislation which would allow the Bolivarian National Guard to use "potentially lethal force" against protesters calling for the fully free exercise of the freedoms of expression and assembly.
The former head of security for Venezuela's Second in Command has defected to the United States, accused his old boss of running an international drug cartel, and now claims that deceased dictator Hugo Chávez Frías died months before the official announcement of his death, hidden from the public eye by current Venezuelan leaders who used his name to pass legislation convenient for them under Chávez's name.
Panicked Cubans concerned that President Obama's concessions to the Castro regime will lead to changes in refugee status conferred on those who escaped the island have triggered a dramatic increase in the influx of Cuban refugees in the past three months.
A court in Albuquerque has sentenced Pedro Leonardo Mascheroni, a U.S. physicist of Argentine descent, to five years in prison for attempting to sell an undercover FBI agent U.S. nuclear secrets, as well as promising a bomb that could severely impair functions in New York City.
New footage of a gruesome public beheading in a town square of al-Shadadi, a northern Syrian town controlled by the Islamic State, has hit the Internet. A man, whose crime is unknown, is seen pleading for his life to a crowd of dozens of onlookers before an Islamic State executioner severs his head to shouts of "Allahu Akbar!"
In a speech at a summit of Latin American nations this week, Cuban communist dictator Raúl Castro insisted that should the United States not gift Cuba the return of the Guantánamo Bay military base, further talks to normalize relations with the rogue island nation would yield little progress.
The former head of security for Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez and for current President of the National Assembly Diosdado Cabello has defected to the United States and plans on filing a formal complaint against Cabello for leading a drug smuggling ring.
Russian news agency Tass is being implicated in helping a group of Russian spies arrested this week make public financial information they gathered while posing as bankers in New York.
In what has become the first major foreign policy move by the far-left newly elected government of Greece, new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' office has denied that his country assented to a European Union statement released this week condemning Russia's further meddling in Ukraine.
The government of Venezuela, believed to be the most oil-rich nation in South America, is considering raising gas prices to keep the national economy afloat, though such a move could spark protests and unrest in a nation already rife with political tension.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event30 Jan 2015, 6:39 PM PDT
- Juan Williams on Romney’s decision not to run in 2016: “Mitt, your time has passed”30 Jan 2015, 6:14 PM PDT
- ISIS chemical weapons expert killed in airstrike, US officials say30 Jan 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
- 1,000 'criminal aliens' released by ICE committed new crimes, Grassley says30 Jan 2015, 5:22 PM PDT
- Romney exit resets 2016 field, gives boost to Bush30 Jan 2015, 4:11 PM PDT
Fox News National
- New York City will pay $3.9M to family of teen in 2012 shooting30 Jan 2015, 9:05 PM PDT
- Wisconsin team tries to defend national snow sculpting championship in Lake Geneva30 Jan 2015, 4:30 PM PDT
- Brandeis University president step down at end of school year, take job at Yale Law School30 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
- New York City pharmacist who tried to make ricin, weapons-grade toxins, sentenced to prison30 Jan 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
- Attorney wants mistrial declared in Vanderbilt rape case, says juror did not disclose rape30 Jan 2015, 3:31 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Hawks top Blazers as win streak reaches 1830 Jan 2015, 8:24 PM PDT
- Motiejunas, Rockets hold off Celtics30 Jan 2015, 8:23 PM PDT
- Cavs beat Kings for 9th straight win30 Jan 2015, 8:12 PM PDT
- National Hockey League Game Capsules30 Jan 2015, 8:09 PM PDT
- Despres gets Pens past Devils in OT30 Jan 2015, 8:08 PM PDT