The title of this piece is exactly what I said, when a coworker reacted with surprise about my recent exit from the wonderful show, Redeye. I said, “it’s the end of an error,” when of course, I meant, “era.”
A lot of people have written about New York Times guy David Carr, who died last week.
I noticed it first when a person said to me, “I used to like your work, until you said X.” The “X” could have been a joke or comment about pets or musicians -- but for the offended, it was enough for them to disown their previous opinions of me forever.
I’m three weeks late with this column, which was simply intended to list my choices for the best songs of 2014. I do this every year, and I look forward to it – but I figured this time I would address why I
Forgive me if a march for unity leaves me cold. It should be a march for war. This is not a time for a call for unity under the guise of tolerance, but for a unity of will – a collective fortitude necessary to destroy a movement that wants to destroy us. Most people get this. The media, not so much.
I hate the news right now, because websites, TV shows, and blogs are all reporting on the Sony emails – poring over the content, sucking out the juiciest bits and spitting them our way. Accidentally, I’ll get one right in
Anyone who reads my list of favorite records knows I’m an old punk who over the years has drifted into psychedelic and acid rock, and there is no turning back for me. To me, all music should be psychedelic: if
The fourth season of “Portlandia,” the brilliant show created by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, is now available on NetFlix, and it’s better than it has ever been – systematically devastating in its portrayal of modern American malaise, pretension, and ego – and funny
As political races loom and gloom sets in among democrats, the topic of racism heats up. Race warfare is the weapon you grab when it looks really, really bad. The sad part: it works! While racism exists (everywhere), the notion
I hate self-help books, and yet I realize, when I begin a sentence with, “I hate self-help books,” it’s because I’m about to make a sharp turn with, “But this book is different.” Yes, it’s true. Sadly, I am now
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Ben Carson apologizes for remarks on homosexuality4 Mar 2015, 7:59 PM PDT
- Krauthammer: Clinton 'clearly constructing a system in which you control access'4 Mar 2015, 6:52 PM PDT
- Ariz. House approves bill allowing concealed-carry for public buildings4 Mar 2015, 6:33 PM PDT
- Quds force leader, commanding Iraqi forces against ISIS, alarms Washington4 Mar 2015, 5:08 PM PDT
- Hillary’s private email fiasco: Why she remains a huge media target4 Mar 2015, 3:14 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Former Ohio substitute teacher given jail time for showing high school class graphic movie4 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Californian facing new charges related to attempt to travel to Syria, join Islamic State4 Mar 2015, 4:33 PM PDT
- Carsickness led to $4.8M heist of gold bars, truck crew says4 Mar 2015, 4:29 PM PDT
- Ferguson police employee fired, 2 others on leave over racist emails found in federal probe4 Mar 2015, 4:17 PM PDT
- Mom, boyfriend sent to prison in abuse case uncovered after daughter emailed teacher for help4 Mar 2015, 4:17 PM PDT