Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is enjoying a surge in the latest opinion polls of Israeli voters. The Jerusalem Post reports that its latest poll shows Bibi's party, the Likud, is leading the race for the first time in weeks. Other polls agree, and show the Likud leading its rival, the Zionist Union, which is a combination of the Labor and Hatnua parties.
The left hates Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Some hate him as they would hate any Israeli leader; they just hate Israel (and they may hate Jews, too). Some hate him because they love Obama, and Netanyahu stands up to Obama--which is why many Democrats who would otherwise love Bibi have chosen to hate him. But at the core, the left hates Netanyahu because just as Israel is a nation-state in a post-national world, Bibi is a modern man in a post-modern era.
Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) was deeply unpopular among Californians last fall, with only 41% of adults and 45% of likely voters approving of her performance, according to the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC). However, her decision to retire has been followed by a dramatic increase in her popularity: 53% of adults and 51% of likely voters now approve in a new PPIC poll.
Bill Burton, a prominent political aide to Barack Obama, has been hired by SDKnickerbocker to head its new Los Angeles office, a plum position that signals the enduring influence--and burgeoning affluence--of Obama campaign alumni.
The New York Times has launched a full-court press against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer over Netanyahu's acceptance of an invitation by Speaker of the House John Boehner to address Congress on the subjects of Iran and radical Islam in March without coordinating with the White House.
The speech that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will deliver to a special joint session of the US Congress in March will be the most important address by an Israeli leader in the history of the Jewish state.
The terrorist group known as Daesh, "Islamic State," ISIS or ISIL has threatened to behead President Barack Obama and turn the United States into a Muslim province, installing sharia law and incorporating America into its fledgling caliphate.
For Goldberg, Obama can do no wrong when it comes to Israel--and only Israel. In his efforts to cover for Obama, he has fumbled away much of his credibility on the issue. There is not much for Netanyahu to fear from the habitual criticism of a pundit who has so clearly departed from reality. But as an example of how American Jewish liberals are tying themselves in knots trying to reconcile their partisan loyalties with the facts of Obama's failures on Israel, there is no finer specimen.
Netanyahu has one basic responsibility: to protect the security of the State of Israel, the homeland of the Jewish people. That is why Ambassador Ron Dermer is correct to call Netanyahu's speech to Congress a "sacred duty."
Small business owner Tawni Angel has won the first round of her court battle against a radical animal rights activist who is attempting to ban Angel's popular pony rides from a weekly Santa Monica farmers' market. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Lisa Hart-Cole ruled last Thursday that Angel's lawsuit against activist Marcy Winograd can proceed, finding that Angel demonstrated a "sufficient probability of prevailing" on the question of whether Winograd had defamed her.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Romney announces he will not run for president in 201630 Jan 2015, 8:10 AM PDT
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in fourth quarter30 Jan 2015, 7:40 AM PDT
- Lousy lingo traps White House on Islamists30 Jan 2015, 6:47 AM PDT
- North Dakota may lose $5.5 billion in revenue as oil plunges30 Jan 2015, 6:31 AM PDT
- Poll: Afghans want bigger US presence, support troops30 Jan 2015, 6:01 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Convicted drug dealer charged with murder of Fox movie executive Gavin Smith30 Jan 2015, 8:52 AM PDT
- 'Bonnie and Clyde' suspect demands to leave courtroom during hearing 30 Jan 2015, 8:11 AM PDT
- District Attorney says it may be illegal for mayor to give 'Undercover Boss' money to city employees30 Jan 2015, 7:46 AM PDT
- In diplomatic spat, Thai junta tries to keep lid on dissent, and good relations with US30 Jan 2015, 7:31 AM PDT
- Dozens of bats cause mayhem in Arkansas courtroom; official says 100s roost in elevator shaft30 Jan 2015, 7:18 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Wildcats host Beavers in Pac-12 action30 Jan 2015, 8:26 AM PDT
- Irving leads red-hot Cavs against Kings30 Jan 2015, 8:16 AM PDT
- Hawks' 17-game win streak faces stiff test vs. Blazers30 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
- Suns close homestand vs. Bulls30 Jan 2015, 8:14 AM PDT
- Warriors try to rebound against Jazz30 Jan 2015, 8:10 AM PDT