Vice President Joe Biden told students at West Los Angeles College on Friday that President Barack Obama’s plan to offer “free” community college would prepare young Americans to compete for opportunities in the global economy. “The rest of the world is catching
J Street, a George Soros-funded, far-left organization that styles itself as "pro-Israel" but spends its energy opposing Israeli policies, is trying to stop Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from addressing Congress in a special session in March.
"I am not here to make the case for war. I am not even here to make the case for new sanctions. You know it well enough. On both sides of the aisle, you have leaders who can speak more powerfully than I about why more pressure is needed, after a year of fruitless talks. No—I am here to ask merely that America be what America is: the leader of the free world."
A new study by the RAND Corporation has found that Americans are increasingly likely to work while on vacation--and that Republicans are 37.5% more likely to work on vacation than Democrats, even when controlling for all other factors.
President Barack Obama took his State of the Union on the road yesterday, telling college students in Boise, ID that he will make two years of college "free" and "universal." What he did not tell them, however, is that he wants to tax 529 savings plans to pay for those two free years of community college--which are already free anyway for poor students, under federal grants.
Israel's Army Radio, via the Jerusalem Post, reports that local sources claim U.S. President Barack Obama arranged the leak of a Mossad report on the Iran nuclear talks as an act of revenge against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for agreeing to speak to Congress in February about radical Islam and the Iranian threat. The Mossad report allegedly suggests new sanctions would cause talks to collapse, and its release is calculated to suggest disagreement with Netanyahu.
Speaker of the House John Boehner announced Wednesday morning that he would invite Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint meeting of Congress on Feb. 11. "In this time of challenge, I am asking the Prime Minister to address Congress on the grave threats radical Islam and Iran pose to our security and way of life," Boehner said in a press statement. The timing suits Netanyahu perfectly, as it comes five weeks before Israelis will go to the polls on March 17.
In his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama repeated his threat from last year's address to veto any new Iran sanctions passed by Congress. He also claimed that Iran's nuclear program had been stalled, and pledged to reach a deal by the end of the year. The language was almost the same as he used in 2014, though he failed to stop Iran's nuclear program or to reach a deal over the past year, and in fact extended talks twice past the original deadline agreed one year ago today.
In his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday evening, President Barack Obama touted his foreign policy successes--but failed to mention Yemen, where Shia militias overthrew the government earlier in the day, and where Americans anxiously anticipated evacuation from the embassy and the country.
The Iraq War may have been a serious mistake. Regardless, we cannot dwell on that mistake so obsessively that we fail to act--as we did in the 1930s--to stop a new threat.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Palin rips Michael Moore, PETA at Iowa summit24 Jan 2015, 7:39 PM PDT
- Immigration protesters arrested at Iowa summit, Christie spars with one 24 Jan 2015, 6:31 PM PDT
- US condemns new separatist attack in Ukraine's Mariupol, points finger at Russia24 Jan 2015, 1:56 PM PDT
- Late night call to Senate over Keystone reminiscent of ominous Bat Signal 24 Jan 2015, 12:13 PM PDT
- Trump: ‘No way’ Bush, Romney would win in 201624 Jan 2015, 11:45 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Southern Calif. winds topple trees, power lines24 Jan 2015, 7:18 PM PDT
- South Georgia police search for missing couple who went to buy car24 Jan 2015, 5:24 PM PDT
- Third person dies after shooting at Nebraska party24 Jan 2015, 4:28 PM PDT
- Escaped murder suspect, 17, took elderly Ohio woman hostage before being caught by police24 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
- Police say Tacoma man kicked his pet Chihuahua, killing it24 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Team Foligno wins NHL All-Star Skills Competition24 Jan 2015, 8:23 PM PDT
- Bucks rout Pistons, who lose Jennings24 Jan 2015, 8:15 PM PDT
- Hornets prevail against Knicks24 Jan 2015, 8:08 PM PDT
- No. 6 Wisconsin withstands Michigan24 Jan 2015, 8:01 PM PDT
- Baylor shuts down struggling Oklahoma24 Jan 2015, 7:56 PM PDT