Vice President Joe Biden wrapped up his California visit on Friday by telling doctors that the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, had "ended the debate" about whether health care is a privilege or a right, according to the Orange County Register.
On Friday, White House spokesperson said that President Barack Obama would not meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits Washington, D.C. in March due to a policy of not meeting with foreign leaders prior to their election campaigns, "to avoid the appearance of influencing a democratic election in a foreign country." However, that excuse proves empty against the historical record, as Bill Clinton met then-Prime Minister Shimon Peres in 1996.
Vice President Joe Biden told students at West Los Angeles College on Friday that President Barack Obama’s plan to offer “free” community college would prepare young Americans to compete for opportunities in the global economy. “The rest of the world is catching
J Street, a George Soros-funded, far-left organization that styles itself as "pro-Israel" but spends its energy opposing Israeli policies, is trying to stop Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from addressing Congress in a special session in March.
"I am not here to make the case for war. I am not even here to make the case for new sanctions. You know it well enough. On both sides of the aisle, you have leaders who can speak more powerfully than I about why more pressure is needed, after a year of fruitless talks. No—I am here to ask merely that America be what America is: the leader of the free world."
A new study by the RAND Corporation has found that Americans are increasingly likely to work while on vacation--and that Republicans are 37.5% more likely to work on vacation than Democrats, even when controlling for all other factors.
President Barack Obama took his State of the Union on the road yesterday, telling college students in Boise, ID that he will make two years of college "free" and "universal." What he did not tell them, however, is that he wants to tax 529 savings plans to pay for those two free years of community college--which are already free anyway for poor students, under federal grants.
Israel's Army Radio, via the Jerusalem Post, reports that local sources claim U.S. President Barack Obama arranged the leak of a Mossad report on the Iran nuclear talks as an act of revenge against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for agreeing to speak to Congress in February about radical Islam and the Iranian threat. The Mossad report allegedly suggests new sanctions would cause talks to collapse, and its release is calculated to suggest disagreement with Netanyahu.
Speaker of the House John Boehner announced Wednesday morning that he would invite Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint meeting of Congress on Feb. 11. "In this time of challenge, I am asking the Prime Minister to address Congress on the grave threats radical Islam and Iran pose to our security and way of life," Boehner said in a press statement. The timing suits Netanyahu perfectly, as it comes five weeks before Israelis will go to the polls on March 17.
In his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama repeated his threat from last year's address to veto any new Iran sanctions passed by Congress. He also claimed that Iran's nuclear program had been stalled, and pledged to reach a deal by the end of the year. The language was almost the same as he used in 2014, though he failed to stop Iran's nuclear program or to reach a deal over the past year, and in fact extended talks twice past the original deadline agreed one year ago today.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Koch event drawing 2016 hopefuls Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Walker 25 Jan 2015, 1:55 PM PDT
- Obama seeks wilderness designation for Alaska refuge, sets up battle with GOP 25 Jan 2015, 12:42 PM PDT
- WH, Feinstein make clear US won't negotiate with ISIS over hostages, interfere with Japan25 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM PDT
- Republican White House hopefuls court evangelicals toward 201625 Jan 2015, 11:44 AM PDT
- Grassley to hospitals: Explain why you’re suing low-income patients25 Jan 2015, 9:43 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Cops: Man kills co-worker, then himself at NYC Home Depot 25 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- San Francisco Zoo takes bite out of Valentine's Day with scorpion, cockroach adoptions25 Jan 2015, 3:46 PM PDT
- Fire officials: 4 children fall through ice into pond in Maryland; 2 in critical condition25 Jan 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
- Dog gets 2nd chance at Utah animal sanctuary after escaping euthanasia in Indiana25 Jan 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
- Cops: Man kills co-worker, then himself inside Home Depot store in Manhattan25 Jan 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Top-25 College Basketball Game Capsules25 Jan 2015, 4:26 PM PDT
- Strong second half carries Butler past Seton Hall25 Jan 2015, 4:25 PM PDT
- James, Cavaliers beat Thunder for sixth straight win25 Jan 2015, 4:24 PM PDT
- Sharp shooting carries Louisville past Pitt25 Jan 2015, 4:23 PM PDT
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State25 Jan 2015, 4:11 PM PDT