The Obama Administration has dropped a plan to outsource the storage of cell-phone metadata to third-party vendors, but the Surveillance State is still very much interested in that data. From a public-relations standpoint, the goal of these post-Snowden reform proposals is to erase the image of phone companies "giving our phone data to the government." If the companies are storing the data themselves and making it accessible to the government, the public's comfort level with the process might increase.
Palin on GOP leadership: ‘It’s not just the New England Patriots who are dealing with deflated balls right now.’
Sarah Palin is using the big sports story of the day to profess herself less than amazed by the Republican leadership. "It’s not just the New England Patriots who are dealing with deflated balls right now," she said. Let's hope the Republican Party figures that out before they try taking the 2016 field with a deflated-ball squad that isn't convinced it has any business in the Democrat end zone.
A Twitter hashtag supporting a Palestinian terrorist has begun to trend on Twitter after thousands took to the social media outlet to use the hashtag -- a play on another hashtag in support of victims of Islamist terrorism -- to support an Islamist terrorist.
French government officials have confirmed to the media that up to ten of its former soldiers "have defected to the Islamic State. Among those defectors is at least one member of an elite fighting unit with advanced training.
For many years, we have been hearing reports of insular Muslim communities in Europe, particularly in France and the UK, which became known as "no-go zones" because non-Muslims were not welcome there. Islamic clerics were given autonomous authority, and government agents were hesitant to assert themselves.
In their latest Internet hostage video, the Islamic State demanded $200 million from Japan in exchange for the lives of security contractor Haruna Yukawa and freelance journalist Kenji Goto Jogo, promising they would be killed within 72 hours if the ransom was not paid. After vowing that his nation would not submit to terrorist demands, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has asked several prominent Middle Eastern leaders for help, including Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.
America is not made great by its government. Passive "hope for change" is worth nothing compared to active effort. Our true recovery will not be a matter of pouring another $60 billion into the leaky administrative bucket of public education. Recovery will be delivered by people who want an education so badly that they'll go to school on rainy days with bread bags over their shoes to keep them dry.
It's tough to overstate just how stupid the Republican Party is for choking itself with the abortion bill it just yanked off the House floor.
It's possible Emerson was actually thinking of Bradford, where Muslims exercise cultural dominance and there have been controversies involving sharia law.
Another State of the Union speech; another empty pageant of "signals" sent by selecting special guests; another chance for President Obama's party to create a brief illusion of popularity by furiously applauding pronouncements that will be forgotten within days; and another wish list of billion-dollar spending proposals designed to make the opposition party look bad by blocking them. None of it has anything to do with responsible government, and only the political class will pay much attention.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Federal judge issues two-week stay of own ruling overturning Alabama gay marriage ban26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York Assembly Speaker Silver reportedly to temporarily relinquish position after arrest25 Jan 2015, 10:19 PM PDT
- Koch event drawing 2016 hopefuls Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Walker 25 Jan 2015, 1:55 PM PDT
- Obama seeks wilderness designation for Alaska refuge, sets up battle with GOP 25 Jan 2015, 12:42 PM PDT
- WH, Feinstein make clear US won't negotiate with ISIS over hostages, interfere with Japan25 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Death of man, 97, is ruled homicide 55 years after stabbing, prompting new probe26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Sundance First Look: Oscar winner Alex Gibney pulls back curtain on Scientology25 Jan 2015, 9:05 PM PDT
- Threats prompt 2 plane evacuations at Seattle-Tacoma airport; third flight diverted to Dallas25 Jan 2015, 7:33 PM PDT
- 2 planes evacuated in Seattle, 3rd flight diverted to Dallas25 Jan 2015, 6:39 PM PDT
- Cops: Man kills co-worker, then himself at NYC Home Depot 25 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Wall, Humphries help Wizards outlast Nuggets in OT25 Jan 2015, 10:22 PM PDT
- NFL Game Capsules - Pro Bowl25 Jan 2015, 10:14 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules25 Jan 2015, 10:14 PM PDT
- Thompson stays hot as Warriors win at home again25 Jan 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Rockets take care of Lakers25 Jan 2015, 10:12 PM PDT