College basketball Christmas remains more than two months away. But there's no harm in predicting what teams might find themselves on the NCAA Tournament's "nice" list come March.
Defense dominates the All-American team at the break. Kentucky's duo underneath held UCLA Saturday to 3 of 37 shooting in the first half to rank as the best center and power forward, while the son of Gary "the Glove" Payton of the same name remains the only player in the country among national leaders in seven of eight categories.
Willie Cauley-Stein (Kentucky), Delon Wright (Utah), Gary Payton (Oregon State), and Luke Fischer (Marquette) had phenomenal weeks only to have Wesley Saunders move atop the www.valueaddbasketball.com ratings while studying at Harvard instead of playing basketball the past ten days.
Incarnate Word’s Shane Meling told me recently that he thought the second year team could get a win at UTEP or Nebraska–and I was shocked when this jumper proved him right. The team has a majority of the All-Southland team
Like Division III Schools, the Ivy League offers no scholarships. Yet the conference has clearly risen to the status of “mid major,” as one of seven conferences that can go toe-to-toe with the seven power conferences. Columbia just gave Kentucky
Sterling Gibbs eliminated Villanova with this last second shot and never skipped a beat in helping Seton Hall, and the Big East, provide big surprises this season. The seven high major all-conference teams are listed below, and the Big East’s
A couple of clicks on www.valueaddbasketball.com gives you the precise value of any player on any team on the screen above. The new and improved Value Add (click here for story on recent improvements) once again lets readers know exactly
Miami joins powers Duke and Kentucky as the only schools with more than two Top 100 players in the early Value Add rankings, which appear here first and then will be updated on the www.valueaddbasketball.com list of all 4,000 players.
Links to Sports Illustrated, ESPN, NBC Sports and Fox Sports show wide praise for the of www.valueaddbasketball.com database to pinpoint a player’s value, but today announces major improvements to answer valid criticisms that have circulated at the annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. You can say the same about
AUBURN – The SEC dominance that started with Florida’s destruction of Ohio State seven years ago ended today, as the ACC and Pac-12 capped off great seasons that put them ahead of the SEC in the final conference standings. Yes,
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- GOP lawmakers preparing changes to immigration system26 Dec 2014, 11:39 PM PDT
- FBI faces skepticism over claim that N. Korea hacked Sony26 Dec 2014, 10:00 PM PDT
- Hayes on Obama's Afghanistan comments: 'Very foolish thing to say'26 Dec 2014, 7:11 PM PDT
- Ex-President Bush to spend fourth night in hospital, aide says he's in 'high spirits'26 Dec 2014, 4:31 PM PDT
- Unions to recruit immigrants protected by Obama exec order26 Dec 2014, 11:10 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 25,000 cops, family arrive for fallen NYPD officer’s funeral27 Dec 2014, 7:36 AM PDT
- Insurers accused of rigging Sandy flood claims with slanted reports, but evidence is elusive27 Dec 2014, 7:00 AM PDT
- Patient at NYC psych center charged with murder in death of another patient inside facility27 Dec 2014, 6:15 AM PDT
- School employees expecting paycheck deposits instead got money taken from accounts in error27 Dec 2014, 5:00 AM PDT
- Young gorilla shunned by mother ready to switch zoos27 Dec 2014, 4:12 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- In the FCS Huddle: Top 10 FCS stories of the year27 Dec 2014, 6:09 AM PDT
- Thomas burns ex-team as Suns KO Kings26 Dec 2014, 11:47 PM PDT
- NC State holds on to beat UCF in St. Petersburg Bowl26 Dec 2014, 11:34 PM PDT
- Harden, Smith lead Rockets over Grizzlies26 Dec 2014, 11:24 PM PDT
- Blazers top Sixers with 3-point barrage26 Dec 2014, 11:18 PM PDT