Australian star Nick Kyrgios became the first Aussie to reach the Australian Open quarterfinals in 10 years after he beat Andreas Seppi 5-7, 6-3, 7-6(7), 8-6. Next up is Andy Murray, who defeated Grigor Dimitrov in another thrilling match. Seppi
In the past five years, Boko Haram has forced over 1.6 million people to flee Nigeria -- and, increasingly, border areas of Cameroon -- due to numerous attacks intended to expand their "caliphate." The Muslim group recently attacked Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State and the largest city in the northeast.
Top Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) preacher Abu Assad Ansari demanded more volunteers join the fight with the terrorist group as Kurdish forces pushed to regain villages around Mosul, Iraq.
Ukraine endured another violent day as over 30 died and 102 were wounded in Mariupol from attacks by pro-Russian separatists. The majority of those killed were innocent civilians, including two children.
A court in Turkey sentenced a man to life in prison for killing his wife after she gave birth to a second daughter instead of a son. He electrocuted her in her sleep.
Turkish authorities have arrested former Miss Turkey, Merve Buyuksarac, 26, because she quoted a poem on social media that insults President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The arrest is the latest in a crackdown on free speech in Turkey that has worsened since two radical Islamists slaughtered twelve people at satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, France.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that United States and Iraqi military forces have begun preparations to liberate Mosul from the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL). The radical terrorist group captured the historic city in June.
Andreas Seppi defeated No. 2 Roger Federer 6-4, 7-6(7), 4-6, 7-6(7). It is the first time since 2001 that Federer will not be in the fourth round at the Australian Open and first time since 2003 he will not be in the semifinals.
Day four of the Australian Open was exciting for American women’s tennis since seven women advance to the third round, but many Australians fell apart. It also showcased powerful Victoria Azarenka as she demolished No. 8 Caroline Wozniazki with ease.
Professor Hasan Herken, the dean of the medical faculty at Turkey’s Pamukkale University, resigned after he mocked a man dressed as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s “16 warriors,” representative of various manifestations of the Turkish empires throughout history.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Federal judge issues two-week stay of own ruling overturning Alabama gay marriage ban26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York Assembly Speaker Silver reportedly to temporarily relinquish position after arrest25 Jan 2015, 10:19 PM PDT
- Koch event drawing 2016 hopefuls Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Walker 25 Jan 2015, 1:55 PM PDT
- Obama seeks wilderness designation for Alaska refuge, sets up battle with GOP 25 Jan 2015, 12:42 PM PDT
- WH, Feinstein make clear US won't negotiate with ISIS over hostages, interfere with Japan25 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Death of man, 97, is ruled homicide 55 years after stabbing, prompting new probe26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Sundance First Look: Oscar winner Alex Gibney pulls back curtain on Scientology25 Jan 2015, 9:05 PM PDT
- Threats prompt 2 plane evacuations at Seattle-Tacoma airport; third flight diverted to Dallas25 Jan 2015, 7:33 PM PDT
- 2 planes evacuated in Seattle, 3rd flight diverted to Dallas25 Jan 2015, 6:39 PM PDT
- Cops: Man kills co-worker, then himself at NYC Home Depot 25 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Wall, Humphries help Wizards outlast Nuggets in OT25 Jan 2015, 10:22 PM PDT
- NFL Game Capsules - Pro Bowl25 Jan 2015, 10:14 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules25 Jan 2015, 10:14 PM PDT
- Thompson stays hot as Warriors win at home again25 Jan 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Rockets take care of Lakers25 Jan 2015, 10:12 PM PDT