Authorities in Mumbai, India, arrested Shirin Dalvi, editor of the Uru Daily Avadhnama newspaper, for printing a cartoon from Charlie Hebdo. It appeared on the front page of the January 17 edition. Residents in Mumbra in Thane complained to the police about the cartoon.
Nigerian authorities claim Boko Haram plans to use livestock, with the help of young males, as suicide bombers.
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic will face No. 6 Andy Murray in the Australian Open final on Saturday night after he defeated defending champion Stan Wawrinka. Murray advanced on Thursday night against No. 7 Tomas Berdych.
The Pajhwok Afghan News reported the Taliban captured Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) leader Mullah Abdul Rauf Khadim along with 45 supporters. The United States detained Khadim at Guantanamo Bay, but released him to Afghanistan in 2007.
Serena Williams faces Maria Sharapova in an Australian Open final between the tournament's top-two seeds.
The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) continues to execute doctors in Mosul, Iraq, who refuse to treat wounded jihadists returning from the front lines. The terrorist group reportedly murdered ten more doctors this week.
Madison Keys defeated No. 18 Venus Williams to reach her first Grand Slam final. The victory sets up a match between the American teenager and Venus Williams's sister, Serena, who defeated Dominika Cibulkova.
Over 30,000 people descended upon Karachi, Pakistan, to protest against the Mohammed cartoons published in Charlie Hebdo. It was the country’s largest rally against the satirical newspaper, where two gunmen slaughtered twelve people on January 7.
Russian officials raided ATR, an independent Tatar Crimean television station on January 26. The deputy director said the men took equipment and tapes, which basically shut down all operations. Russians have consistently targeted the Tatar minority since Moscow annexed the peninsula from Ukraine in March 2014.
What happened at Rod Laver Arena on Tuesday? Usually the quarterfinals of a tournament are filled with exciting, nail-biting tennis because the top players face each other. Some of the top players faced each other, but this produced very lopsided tennis. The court completely powered one player while draining the other to nothing.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event31 Jan 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
- Texas bill would allow teachers to use deadly force against students30 Jan 2015, 11:00 PM PDT
- 1,000 'criminal aliens' released by ICE committed new crimes, Grassley says30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Romney exit resets 2016 field, gives boost to Bush30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Juan Williams on Romney’s decision not to run in 2016: “Mitt, your time has passed”30 Jan 2015, 6:14 PM PDT
Fox News National
- 19th-century painting sold for $5,000 fetches $5.2M just over a year later31 Jan 2015, 5:41 AM PDT
- Women-only mosque opens in Los Angeles31 Jan 2015, 4:06 AM PDT
- 5 boaters rescued from sailboat after its mast broke 200 miles off North Carolina coast31 Jan 2015, 4:00 AM PDT
- 2 pilots break long distance balloon-traveling record31 Jan 2015, 3:35 AM PDT
- Friendly bet between high school coach, wrestler leads to investigation31 Jan 2015, 1:51 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- McIlroy moves 4 clear at Dubai Desert Classic31 Jan 2015, 6:03 AM PDT
- Snoop Dogg's big predictions for his youth football league31 Jan 2015, 5:30 AM PDT
- Fognini, Bolelli become first Italians to win Grand Slam men's doubles title in over 50 years31 Jan 2015, 5:17 AM PDT
- Serena wins another Aussie crown31 Jan 2015, 4:17 AM PDT
- SE Louisiana will seek a three-peat31 Jan 2015, 4:16 AM PDT