The odds that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber may face charges for padding invoices are going up. Gruber has been paid $160,000 by the state of Vermont, $80,000 of which is for 800 hours of work he claimed in an invoice was performed by unnamed research assistants. But so far Gruber has failed to provide evidence that these research assistants actually exist and did in fact perform work under the contract.
New Hampshire state legislators are considering two bills—one in the House, the other in the state Senate—that “would allow individuals and some businesses to purchase health insurance from out-of-state companies.”
Jessica Vaughan, Director of Policy at the Center Immigration Studies calls the border security bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX) that will be considered by the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday "an empty green suit." Vaughan noted that McCaul's bill, "proposes to spend $10 billion of taxpayer money without ensuring that a single illegal alien will be sent home."
Sold out Tea Party events in South Carolina this weekend and Iowa next weekend demonstrate that the conservative grassroots are prepared to put the time and money needed to back a limited government candidate who can win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016. Cruz once again called for the abolition of the Internal Revenue Service, a call that was also made by Dr. Carson. Carson, who said tax reform was critical, noted that he would support either a fair tax or a flat tax.
Speaker of the House John Boehner has rewarded Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of the most well known candidates who challenged him in his successful effort to be re-elected Speaker, with a powerful Subcommittee Chairmanship.
Subcommittee Chairman Sean Duffy Confirms Congressional Hearings Will be Held on Operation Choke Point
Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) confirms that Congress will hold hearings on Operation Choke Point in February. Sources tell Breitbart News that Representative Duffy may not be the only Congressional committee chairman who will hold hearings on the Obama administration's controversial Operation Choke Point.
Operation Choke Point: US Consumer Coalition Scoffs as Credit Union Denies Feds Forced It to Shut Down Gun Dealer’s Bank Account
The President of Heritage Credit Union is denying that the National Credit Union Administration forced it to shut down a Wisconsin gun dealer's bank account. But Brian Wise, senior adviser to the United States Consumer Coalition, says the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the National Credit Union Administration and the Obama administration's Operation Choke Point.
A gun dealer in Hawkins, Wisconsin says the federal government forced the Heritage Credit Union to close his recently opened bank account because he's in the business of legally selling guns. The United States Consumer Coalition calls this just the latest example of the extralegal overreach of Operation Choke Point, the Obama administration's effort to put industries it doesn't like--especially gun dealers and pay day lenders--out of business.
A group of conservatives who reflect a broad spectrum of the Republican Party are holding a news conference Tuesday morning on Capitol Hill to caution Congress against passing the current version of proposed Trade Promotion Authority "fast track" legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently confirmed that the TPA bill would cede more Congressional power to President Obama.
Some 29 protesters will be in a Vermont court next month facing charges ranging from unlawful trespass to resisting arrest. The protesters, organized by the Vermont Workers' Center, a union-financed "progressive" non-profit that has received regular annual support from a George Soros-backed entity, were arrested in the chambers of the Vermont State Legislature for disrupting the inauguration ceremony of Governor Peter Shumlin (D-VT) on Thursday.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Freed Al Qaeda operative floated as part of prisoner swap, ex-diplomat says26 Jan 2015, 6:54 AM PDT
- Secret Service: 'Quadcopter' drone crashed onto White House grounds26 Jan 2015, 3:17 AM PDT
- Obama becomes first US president to take in India's Republic Day parade26 Jan 2015, 2:15 AM PDT
- Rand Paul clashes with Rubio, Cruz on defense, foreign policy at Koch forum26 Jan 2015, 1:13 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Baseball cards, bugs and crocodiles: Tune in to FBN for 'Strange Inheritance'26 Jan 2015, 9:11 AM PDT
- 2 small planes ditch into sea off Hawaii; all aboard survive26 Jan 2015, 7:47 AM PDT
- New Jersey school evacuated after chemistry lab 'mishap' involving acid 26 Jan 2015, 6:56 AM PDT
- Stocks ease as investors shrug off victory by Greek party feared to shake up eurozone26 Jan 2015, 6:47 AM PDT
- Naked violinist sues police over arrest in Portland last year26 Jan 2015, 6:19 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Tar Heels take on Orange in ACC action26 Jan 2015, 8:23 AM PDT
- Big 12 brawl pits Longhorns against Cyclones26 Jan 2015, 8:23 AM PDT
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori reach Aussie QFs26 Jan 2015, 8:19 AM PDT
- Serena, Venus land in Aussie quarters26 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
- Defending champs Errani, Vinci exit Oz26 Jan 2015, 8:14 AM PDT