More trouble for Jonathan Gruber. Now activists from the Left want access to his models so they can try to build a single-payer health care plan in Vermont. Gruber also faces questions from state leaders about his billing practices in Vermont.
Politico remains the go-to publication for establishment Republican leaks.
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is the most recent Republican governor to buy into President Obama's push to expand Medicaid.
A lawmaker in New Hampshire wants to open up his state's insurance market by allowing companies from other states to sell policies there.
On Monday Darcie Johnston, head of Vermonters for Health Care Freedom, told Breitbart News that Gruber may have a "phantom billing" problem. It centers around whether Gruber actually paid $80,000 to assistants. In addition to the state of Vermont, the state of Minnesota, the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee have confirmed and the Inspector General's Office of the Department of Health and Human Services is considering conducting inquiries into Gruber's billing practices and consulting contracts.
The odds that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber may face charges for padding invoices are going up. Gruber has been paid $160,000 by the state of Vermont, $80,000 of which is for 800 hours of work he claimed in an invoice was performed by unnamed research assistants. But so far Gruber has failed to provide evidence that these research assistants actually exist and did in fact perform work under the contract.
New Hampshire state legislators are considering two bills—one in the House, the other in the state Senate—that “would allow individuals and some businesses to purchase health insurance from out-of-state companies.”
Jessica Vaughan, Director of Policy at the Center Immigration Studies calls the border security bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX) that will be considered by the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday "an empty green suit." Vaughan noted that McCaul's bill, "proposes to spend $10 billion of taxpayer money without ensuring that a single illegal alien will be sent home."
Sold out Tea Party events in South Carolina this weekend and Iowa next weekend demonstrate that the conservative grassroots are prepared to put the time and money needed to back a limited government candidate who can win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016. Cruz once again called for the abolition of the Internal Revenue Service, a call that was also made by Dr. Carson. Carson, who said tax reform was critical, noted that he would support either a fair tax or a flat tax.
Speaker of the House John Boehner has rewarded Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of the most well known candidates who challenged him in his successful effort to be re-elected Speaker, with a powerful Subcommittee Chairmanship.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Obama to propose 14 percent tax on overseas corporate profits1 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM PDT
- Walker, eyeing 2016 White House bid, says he's open to sending US troops to fight ISIS1 Feb 2015, 10:18 AM PDT
- Scott Walker surging in new Iowa poll1 Feb 2015, 9:26 AM PDT
- More states look to expand Medicaid1 Feb 2015, 9:19 AM PDT
- Ayotte presses Obama administration to 'define your enemy,' declare war with Islamic extremism1 Feb 2015, 8:53 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Texas governor declares Feb. 2 'Chris Kyle Day' 1 Feb 2015, 12:45 PM PDT
- Boyfriend arrested in rape, brutal attack of California girl1 Feb 2015, 12:14 PM PDT
- Baby born on roadside as Utah woman goes into labor while driving1 Feb 2015, 11:52 AM PDT
- Pilots survive after mid-air collision in Alaska1 Feb 2015, 11:49 AM PDT
- United Steelworkers Union tells members to go on strike at major refineries1 Feb 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Rockets recall Johnson amid Howard speculation1 Feb 2015, 12:07 PM PDT
- Seahawks repeat would be a scary prospect for NFL1 Feb 2015, 11:57 AM PDT
- Rondo likely to sit Monday1 Feb 2015, 11:42 AM PDT
- Di Santo's double lifts Bremen over Hertha1 Feb 2015, 11:31 AM PDT
- New York Giants matriarch Ann Mara dies at 851 Feb 2015, 11:21 AM PDT