The odds that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber may face charges for padding invoices are going up. Gruber has been paid $160,000 by the state of Vermont, $80,000 of which is for 800 hours of work he claimed in an invoice was performed by unnamed research assistants. But so far Gruber has failed to provide evidence that these research assistants actually exist and did in fact perform work under the contract.
New Hampshire state legislators are considering two bills—one in the House, the other in the state Senate—that “would allow individuals and some businesses to purchase health insurance from out-of-state companies.”
Jessica Vaughan, Director of Policy at the Center Immigration Studies calls the border security bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX) that will be considered by the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday "an empty green suit." Vaughan noted that McCaul's bill, "proposes to spend $10 billion of taxpayer money without ensuring that a single illegal alien will be sent home."
Sold out Tea Party events in South Carolina this weekend and Iowa next weekend demonstrate that the conservative grassroots are prepared to put the time and money needed to back a limited government candidate who can win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016. Cruz once again called for the abolition of the Internal Revenue Service, a call that was also made by Dr. Carson. Carson, who said tax reform was critical, noted that he would support either a fair tax or a flat tax.
Speaker of the House John Boehner has rewarded Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of the most well known candidates who challenged him in his successful effort to be re-elected Speaker, with a powerful Subcommittee Chairmanship.
Subcommittee Chairman Sean Duffy Confirms Congressional Hearings Will be Held on Operation Choke Point
Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) confirms that Congress will hold hearings on Operation Choke Point in February. Sources tell Breitbart News that Representative Duffy may not be the only Congressional committee chairman who will hold hearings on the Obama administration's controversial Operation Choke Point.
Operation Choke Point: US Consumer Coalition Scoffs as Credit Union Denies Feds Forced It to Shut Down Gun Dealer’s Bank Account
The President of Heritage Credit Union is denying that the National Credit Union Administration forced it to shut down a Wisconsin gun dealer's bank account. But Brian Wise, senior adviser to the United States Consumer Coalition, says the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the National Credit Union Administration and the Obama administration's Operation Choke Point.
A gun dealer in Hawkins, Wisconsin says the federal government forced the Heritage Credit Union to close his recently opened bank account because he's in the business of legally selling guns. The United States Consumer Coalition calls this just the latest example of the extralegal overreach of Operation Choke Point, the Obama administration's effort to put industries it doesn't like--especially gun dealers and pay day lenders--out of business.
A group of conservatives who reflect a broad spectrum of the Republican Party are holding a news conference Tuesday morning on Capitol Hill to caution Congress against passing the current version of proposed Trade Promotion Authority "fast track" legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently confirmed that the TPA bill would cede more Congressional power to President Obama.
Some 29 protesters will be in a Vermont court next month facing charges ranging from unlawful trespass to resisting arrest. The protesters, organized by the Vermont Workers' Center, a union-financed "progressive" non-profit that has received regular annual support from a George Soros-backed entity, were arrested in the chambers of the Vermont State Legislature for disrupting the inauguration ceremony of Governor Peter Shumlin (D-VT) on Thursday.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Federal judge issues two-week stay of own ruling overturning Alabama gay marriage ban26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Koch event drawing 2016 hopefuls Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Walker 25 Jan 2015, 1:55 PM PDT
- Obama seeks wilderness designation for Alaska refuge, sets up battle with GOP 25 Jan 2015, 12:42 PM PDT
- WH, Feinstein make clear US won't negotiate with ISIS over hostages, interfere with Japan25 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM PDT
- Republican White House hopefuls court evangelicals toward 201625 Jan 2015, 11:44 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 2 planes evacuated in Seattle, 3rd flight diverted to Dallas25 Jan 2015, 6:39 PM PDT
- Cops: Man kills co-worker, then himself at NYC Home Depot 25 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- San Francisco Zoo takes bite out of Valentine's Day with scorpion, cockroach adoptions25 Jan 2015, 3:46 PM PDT
- Fire officials: 4 children fall through ice into pond in Maryland; 2 in critical condition25 Jan 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
- Dog gets 2nd chance at Utah animal sanctuary after escaping euthanasia in Indiana25 Jan 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- No. 12 Utah dispatches Washington25 Jan 2015, 8:25 PM PDT
- Jimenez surges on back nine to win in Hawaii25 Jan 2015, 8:19 PM PDT
- Raptors outlast Pistons25 Jan 2015, 8:12 PM PDT
- James, Cavaliers beat Thunder for sixth straight win25 Jan 2015, 8:09 PM PDT
- Maryland pulls out comeback win over Northwestern25 Jan 2015, 8:09 PM PDT