President Obama used his State of the Union Address to highlight a pivot to policies he claims will strengthen the middle class. As the last six years have instructed, President Obama's rhetoric has a tortuous relationship with reality. As a new campaign by the Job Creators Network called Defend Main Street highlights, recent action by his Administration threatens almost 1 million small businesses.
On Monday, Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was admitted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond for an emergency procedure to drain fluids from his chest. According to a statement from his office, the treatment was due to complications from a traumatic injury the governor suffered over Christmas in Africa.
In the build up to President Obama's State of the Union address, the White House has floated plans to raise hundreds of billions in new taxes. The plans have almost no chance of passing Congress but are designed to frame the upcoming debates and alter the landscape for the presidential election in 2016.
Television's top news anchor, NBC's Brian Williams, earns a reported $13 million a year to read the news. This disparity far surpasses the 150-1 ratio earned by the average CEO.
At the beginning of the year, 20 states boosted their legally mandated minimum hourly wages. The hikes were the result of recently passed legislation or automatic inflation adjustments set into law. A new study, however, adds to the decades of economic research showing that such moves harm low-skilled workers, the very people such laws are intended to help.
Disgraced Delegate Joe Morrissey won a special election Tuesday to reclaim a seat he relinquished after agreeing to a plea deal concerning his relationship with a 17-year-old minor. His overnight stays in jail didn't prevent the former Democrat, an outspoken liberal, from defeating both Republican and Democrat opponents.
Hours before the GOP took control of the U.S. Senate last week, Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker used an appearance on CNBC to push a federal gas tax increase. Voters can be forgiven if they feel this was exactly what they expected when they gave Republicans complete control of Congress. Corker's disastrous timing isn't just bad politics -- it is horrible policy.
In one of its first legislative acts of the 114th Congress, the House overwhelming passed a reauthorization of the federal terrorism insurance program on Wednesday.
In each of his last six years in office, Obama has experienced an upturn in his end-of-the-year polling. By January, this approval bump has disappeared.
On Friday, the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition announced that government reformer Adam Andrzejewski will speak at the Coalition’s annual conference next weekend in South Carolina. Andrzejewski (pictured), founder of OpenTheBooks.com, has built the largest private database of government spending
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- House passes bill aimed at expediting natural gas exports28 Jan 2015, 10:28 AM PDT
- DEA chief: US abandoned plan to track cars near gun shows28 Jan 2015, 9:40 AM PDT
- Rule of law questions loom for Holder replacement28 Jan 2015, 8:14 AM PDT
- AG nominee backs Obama on immigration actions, cites 'right' to work for all residents28 Jan 2015, 8:04 AM PDT
- Pentagon insists no decision reached on Bergdahl case, despite desertion charge claim28 Jan 2015, 7:36 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased28 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM PDT
- As pet reptile grows, Lithuanian student realizes it's probably not a lizard28 Jan 2015, 9:32 AM PDT
- Stock market rises at midday after strong earnings from Apple; investors await Fed statement28 Jan 2015, 9:15 AM PDT
- Abandoned puppy shoots to 'Bowl' fame28 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Female Gitmo guard testifies she felt 'less a soldier' when barred from touching inmates28 Jan 2015, 9:01 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Pulse of the NBA28 Jan 2015, 10:22 AM PDT
- Nets' Teletovic to be discharged, full recovery likely28 Jan 2015, 10:17 AM PDT
- Serena vs. Keys in Aussie semis28 Jan 2015, 10:14 AM PDT
- Rounding Third: It's getting close to A-Rod time28 Jan 2015, 10:06 AM PDT
- Ronaldo receives two-game ban after red card28 Jan 2015, 9:46 AM PDT